The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The new selfie card trick (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Love it! Using it in my show tomorrow. Can't wait!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
So this is interesting. It really is simple, and yet it's brilliant. I'd find it hard for most performers not to find a use for this in their show. You're paying for a great idea (and routine) that I would never have thought of even though the idea itself is pretty simple and straightforward when stripped down. And that's not bad. I'll be using this for sure. It suits my comedy-magic style and will perfectly pair with something else I do.

The unfortunate thing is, while it's obviously very entertaining and funny by itself (the performance you see), you could miss all the extra moments and minutia that this effect lends itself to and that he uses if you don't think through all you could do. It's the concept you get, fully-formed, BUT you can also expand and take this to so many places as I'm sure Lior has in different performances based on each audience, even beyond the performance we see.

There are perfect places to milk what's happening in the routine and put in the appropriate lines to go with it. (Purchasers will know the parts I refer to.) The lines are great, but you will be adding more the more you perform this. You'll see the bits of business that follow from repeated performances that come up naturally when you use it (then make sure you remember them and write them down after the show, I always do).

This is a 3-4 minute routine with an open door to a full 5-minute routine (or more, you'll see what I mean in a second) that packs small, is relevant, and plays for audience sizes small-to-big due the nature of the trick.

This all sounds cryptic since I can't give details, but as he's said, to know what he does is to know the trick. I'm very happy with it as I'll put it to use and my head is swimming with ideas to adapt it to other performing conditions. In my stand-up show, I do a "pick-a-card" selection routine that alone lasts about 3 minutes and is full of laughs that I have put together over years of adding funny bits together in all the ways a card can be chosen, and it's only for choosing the card. It's organic and comes from all the naturally funny things that I've seen come up in other routines. I use it before doing Cardiographic as the selection process, but may look into making this the trick I do it for.

Anyway, love this.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Agreed!!! Simple effect, huge impact!! Can be adapted easily!! I will be using it for sure. Highly recommended!
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
As with all of Liors Ideas, this is going to provide massive entertainment and impact and can be used for a variety of settings. I agree with Nathan above, you get the bones but you can build veritable golems from them.
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
It's a shame there isn't a demo of the effect in fact it's a shame there isn't even a description of the effect.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I just purchased based on the reviews here.

While I see the potential of the effect, unfortunately, it is definitely an effect that doesn't work for me or my character.

I understand the secrecy, but I think it would have been fair to notify buyers that this is a paper balls over the head type routine. If I had known that, I would not have purchased.

Madison
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, warren wrote:
It's a shame there isn't a demo of the effect in fact it's a shame there isn't even a description of the effect.

Hi Warren.
I wrote it again and again. If you see you can do it.
If you read the description then you can do it.
There are no gimmicks. Its just a presentation.

And you don’t need to buy it. If you feel it’s a shame...
There are 2000 effects with demos and gimmicks.

When you see it then you will understand.
Let’s say that more than 100 people paid and got it
without seeing it. Many of them wrote here a review.

Lior
with dem
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Purchased.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Wonderful. I own Lior's mobile opener, the pk effect, ten card poker deal, all great entertainment.

No one ever got fired for purchasing a Lior Manor effect.

It really is not fair to give a demo or even a description of this effect. It would give it away.

Lior sells by virtue of his reputation.

I perform this effect but in a different way. I wouldn't have thought to do it this way. It was worth the mula.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, MadisonH wrote:
I just purchased based on the reviews here.

While I see the potential of the effect, unfortunately, it is definitely an effect that doesn't work for me or my character.

I understand the secrecy, but I think it would have been fair to notify buyers that this is a paper balls over the head type routine. If I had known that, I would not have purchased.

Madison

I sent you a PM. I will try to help you and make you happy again
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Just for your knowledge.
Madison asked for a free copy to review here..
=================================
Hey there Lior,
Any review copies of your selfie effect?
I’d love to review it for the Café. It sounds great

Madison
=====================
But I refused to send a free copy.
So it explains the “nice review I got from him”
After Watching his YouTube I feel that effect is very good for him.
He is very funny guy and do children magic.
Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Hi there Lior,

I did request a review copy which you turned down and so I immediately purchased it directly from you. Not sure what the issue is there? I would have given those same thoughts regardless of if I paid for it or got it for free.

Dang the Café is a weird place. I get ridiculed for doing reviews of effects I’ve gotten for free and now I’m getting ridiculed for reviews of effects I’ve paid for! Seems I can’t win.

As for the kids show comment, I no longer do kids shows. I strictly perform as a mentalist. Perhaps you missed that because it is branded under my character name rather than my personal name.

So I still stand with the same viewpoint. This is a great routine and it will work for certain performers. It absolutely goes against everything my character would do. Therefore, I won’t be performing it. It’s as simple as that.

And yes, this is a trick where the spectator looks foolish for a while and the audience laughs at them not with them. It ends with the spectator being shown that they were merry the butt of a joke and there’s no magical payoff.

Cute idea. It will work wonders for some performers. I am not that performer. I am sure Lior kills with it. It seems to fit his personality very well.

Madison
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
I had to look up what a blagger is! Must be UK slang.

Noun. blagger (plural blaggers) (informal) A smooth talker, a persuasive person. (informal) A thief or robber, one who blags
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
You pick the right person and they look amazing at the end.
I talk about it in the explanations of the video.
In any routine you need to pick the right person.
You can buy my Penguin Live Lecture and learn more.
(No free copies. Sorry)
Lior Smile Smile
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, egoli wrote:
I had to look up what a blagger is! Must be UK slang.

Noun. blagger (plural blaggers) (informal) A smooth talker, a persuasive person. (informal) A thief or robber, one who blags

Trying to obtain things for free.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Here is something that Asi Wind sent me 2 minutes ago:
Lior manor is one of the busiest working magicians I know and his magic is designed to amaze
and entertain people in the real world. This routine is no exception, it’s not just a great concept
it’s a complete detailed routine designed by a true pro.
Asi Wind
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
To be honest and maybe it's just me but I very rarely go by reviews. People mainly mean well but often are overly kind in bigging up their friends material without really thinking about the other side of the coin i.e the poor misfortunate who purchased the material (on the back these reviews) only to find out that it really is sub par. Happened to me plenty of times especially in my early years.

Regarding Liors piece, I bought this and to be honest I rate it very highly. Will it suit everyone.... nope but I can see it playing beautifully in the right environment. In my honest opinion it's a worker. I have no personal connection with Lior but the man puts out good stuff.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Bought it, watched it, love it.
Look forward to using this weekend 😂
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, Aristaeus wrote:
Is it a trick that makes fun of the spectator? Will they feel foolish at all or does the presentation avoid that?

Always fun to see people with 3 posts only in the Café.
all of them here.
I wonder who it might be...
Anyway it’s not for you Aristtaeus. I watched your YouTube.
don’t buy it.
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, Lior wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, Aristaeus wrote:
Is it a trick that makes fun of the spectator? Will they feel foolish at all or does the presentation avoid that?

Always fun to see people with 3 posts only in the Café.
all of them here.
I wonder who it might be...
Anyway it’s not for you Aristtaeus. I watched your YouTube.
don’t buy it.

Mic drop 😂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The new selfie card trick (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL