The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Nu Way Bill Tube (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
Will likes to post so he has made
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
I received an email from Viking Magic about this "Nu Way" Bill Tube: https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/nu-way-bill-tube/

It seems kind of interesting, but only because of the "I wonder how". I don't know if it would actually help the effect more than using their normal BT or any BT with the padlock. In my thinking, the padlock helps to solidify the impossibility. The Nu Way tube doesn't seem to be made by Viking as well, only distributed by Viking. I see it advertised on another site for $30 (Viking is $45) but I couldn't access the site past Google.

What do you think?
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Jack
I'm on the fence with this one as well. I have all the previous Viking props along this line but unsure of purchasing this. I'm thinking a method similar to their 'Ring Casket' which I also own. It mentions the lid being taped down but that could suggest pressing it down on the tube after the secret action is done. I think I'm going to wait for a review on this one. You're right too, it says 'distributed by Viking Magic' which means they didn't produce it.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Viking puts out some top notch equipment. The only aspect I can reason for something like this is pocket space. I had a one of their tubes years ago, with it set, the pocket space was an issue and reset was not instant. Perhaps this version has a quick reset also?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6657 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I believe I have this. The lid takes FOREVER to screw off. That's what clued me. I like it. No padlock and key to mess with. And just as impossible! The effectiveness of this prop is dependent on the PERFORMANCE. The timing, fluid actions and engaging patter make this trick unmatched. This is also one that has been hit with the "Too Perfect Theory". But a person that performs this well, will be rewarded!

Doug
will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
^Interesting. I will say, though, I get "how long are these threads" comments with my regular Viking BT with padlock, which is only $6 USD more than the Nu Way BT.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21775 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The lid has very fine screw threads, and deeper down the tube and lid. This take it longer to remove the lid. That translates to the mystery of this method of this version.

He could have only gotten have gotten the bill in the tube by magic, it took me a minute or more to unscrew the lid!

Johnson Products marketed a "Coin Casket" years ago, that use this idea of taking a long time to unscrew the lid.

This kind of effect also reduces much of the presentation features of the regular Bill Tube. Meaning it will make it possible for less interaction with the spectator. Not lock to inspect, no key to keep track of, etc.

It may be better for table hopping or strolling from that standpoint. Sometimes the spectator start laughing while unscrewing the lid. Some can get frustrated and that is the point you have to incourage the spectator to continue.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3327 Posts

Profile of Julie
Magic Makers (I think that's the seller) used to offer the threaded-only version for around $20-$25. We employed TWO of them. The examined/unscrewed and then the lid reapplied one was switched for the loaded one. It played very well.

Julie
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Hi Will, I like the close threads myself. For strolling or table work it may be difficult as Bill stated. I have a very old one. I bought maybe 35 years ago with threads like the one your looking at and a padlock and I love it....I still have it. It was probably $50 back then... the mechanism is very tight and imperceptible. I cannot for the life of me remember who made it. May have been Viking deluxe??. Not certain. I bought another one within the last decade that has a padlock and no threads..MM probably. There is certainly no way you can unscrew that NU Way one in your pocket.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Oh, forgot to mention....pencil reset...lol. Make sense? I guess you'd have to have one. Eraser end first. Pretty quick.
will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2019, Wx4usa wrote:
Oh, forgot to mention....pencil reset...lol. Make sense? I guess you'd have to have one. Eraser end first. Pretty quick.
I presume you are talking about your possible Viking Deluxe and not the Nu Way BT.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Yes, I dot have the Nu Way. I'd imagine the Nu Way is the same. Or if you use a wand, I don't lol
will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, Wx4usa wrote:
Yes, I dot have the Nu Way. I'd imagine the Nu Way is the same. Or if you use a wand, I don't lol
Well that was the intriguing factor to me. Read the description of the Nu Way BT again: https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/nu-way-bill-tube/ It utilizes a different method from the normal BT.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Ah, must be a nu way.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21775 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually the classic method would be better for the Nu Way, if it like the Coin Casket method, then it will not be as fast as classic method and may have cause some fumbling. Depends on the instrutions and method imployed.

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1425 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I have the nu way bill tube and the ‘ business’ end is NOT at the bottom, but rather at the top, in this, it is different from conventional bill tubes. I bought it because I was hoping it would be like the Tenyo brass bill tube from the 1970-80’s. It wasn’t.

The .tenyo tube worked like a regular bill tube, but had a threaded lid... just a bit shorter than ths version? I prefer the threaded tube to the lock and key version.
Alas, the tenyo tube is no longer made. I bought 1/2 a dozen in Tokyo in 1983, before the exchange rate was changed. I paid $12.50 for each of them. I’d give $100 for one now!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
Just to be clear, the Bill Tube-Deluxe from Viking, the model I have, DOES have a threaded lid with the lock and pin as well. I don't think the BT Deluxe has threads as long as the Nu Way model, but I just wanted to be sure that was clear. Originally, I was curious if the Nu Way was worth having over the Viking Deluxe BT.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2019, will lane wrote:
Just to be clear, the Bill Tube-Deluxe from Viking, the model I have, DOES have a threaded lid with the lock and pin as well. I don't think the BT Deluxe has threads as long as the Nu Way model, but I just wanted to be sure that was clear. Originally, I was curious if the Nu Way was worth having over the Viking Deluxe BT.

Will, from the picture on the website, It looks just like my older bill tube. Machining side, bottom and everything. I would bet that's what I have. It is several decades old. I love it with tight threads and lock. Incredibly well made! I don't know what you'd need the other one. Just my thoughts.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21775 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ken Brooke published his version of the regular Bill Tube in his book, that is available in PDF. It is called, The unique Years. In it, it utilizes 2 identical Bill Tubes, and is a stand up, or stage presentation.

This topic has become very confusing now, as the classic Bill Tube I once owned did not have a screw on cap, after removing the lock and bar, the cap was just lifted off. Some so called improvements are just over kill, in my opinion.

Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
911 Posts

Profile of Riley
Ken Brooke showed me his routine in his studio back in the late seventies. I had never seen a bill tube before. Of course, I was completely baffled as I thought the tube containing my signed money was in full view throughout. I didn't catch the switch, Ken's misdirection was too strong. Ken did this close-up, but also used it stand-up as Bill stated above.

Following Ken's usual style he then took me through the working, and, as always, let me take the outfit with me when I went out for something to eat. He always did that, knowing he had a sale when I got back to the studio. Still have and use Ken's routine.

Happy days!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Nu Way Bill Tube (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL