The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Darkness in America (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hi, I was wondering are "The Darkness" big in america? They are huge over here due to mainly being a combination of bands Queen, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin but I am curious as to how america see them do you like them,Hate them, Don't know who they are?

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
They definitely have a following, but they're not as big here. For some reason, retro bands don't seem to do as well here. For example, Toploader went unnoticed in America.

Personally, I don't see much of a future for The Darkness. But then again, I said that about Britney Spears.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
The Darkness seem to be getting bigger everyday here. But I think we see them as a novelty act. As far as long-lasting fame goes, I could see it going either way. But my guess is that they will be a distant memory in about 2 years.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
I saw them a few months ago when they supported Alice Cooper and to be honest it seemed like they had written a couple of good songs and then written them again slightly different each time.

I like them, but there's a limit to how much mileage you can get out of two songs. They'll need to come up with something new if they're going to be around for a while.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
CobainDraven
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of CobainDraven
Not in america so I can't comment, sorry Lindawe.

CobainDraven
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

Take another stab at me, I promise in time I'll heal.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Unfortunetaly yes Smile I honestly cant stand them but a lot of people here seem to.

James
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
As far as I know, they aren't extremely huge here, but they are slowly gaining popularity.

My friend has actually gone on tour with them and played with them...he'd know about it more then me.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Darkness in America (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL