The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » NY Subway performer Olmedini El Mago (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PhilJake
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
This was buried in the Lens section of the NY Times recently. A photo essay and an encouraging story.

A Blind 78-Year-Old Magician Finds a New Stage: New York’s Subways

After decades of performing on television in Ecuador, renowned magician Olmedo Renteria — aka Olmedini El Mago — showcases his talents to audiences commuting on the city’s subways.
He was born in Ecuador in 1940. He is now 78 years old, a stroke survivor and blind in both eyes -- yet he still works the subways on an almost daily basis.
With his tuxedo, red shirt and courtly manner, Mr. Renteria cut quite a figure among the weary commuters.

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/lens/......ine&te=1
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
61 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
Wow! I'm a huge fan of the New York Times and I'm surprised that I missed this! Thanks for sharing!
- A Magic Café User
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
And now he’s on the cover of Genii!,, Marvelous Smile
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
bosami
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of bosami
Fantastic story.
...forever curious
dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
"Still gets up every morning and fights his windmill," holy cow that made me emotional. I live in NYC and I've seen him. He's certainly a unique and wonderful man.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » NY Subway performer Olmedini El Mago (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL