The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Did you hear the latest? Ľ Ľ David Oliver Arrested For Abusing Children (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
See the attached link with the story and video.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston.cbsl......ses/amp/
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
174 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Wow, that is very disturbing if true. Hope it's not but we'll see what comes out in court.
Danny Alan 2
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Danny Alan 2
Wow! Sad.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Any update on this trial?
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
He goes back to court March 5th.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4983 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Anybody hear anything about his court appearance yesterday?
Where the magic begins
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
448 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
Very sad indeed.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
152 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
This site has a few more details but no info about the court date.

https://www.patriotledger.com/news/20190......students
Image
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Danny Alan 2
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Danny Alan 2
Any news on this?
Lillian Quest
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Lillian Quest
It's not looking good for Boston area Magician David Hussey (aka "David Oliver"). "Prosecutors say magician sexually abused boys at Rockland sleepovers"

https://www.patriotledger.com/news/20190......-charges
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
365 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Prayers for the victims.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims. If David Oliver did this, may he rot in jail and in hell. Child abuse (any type) is plain evil.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
575 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Abuse of any type is plain evil.
As a survivor of years of child abuse, I hope he's put in gen pop.
That's where real justice is served.

Of course, this is only if he truly is guilty.
I cant imagine how it would feel to be accused of such a thing if it wasn't true.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3277 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, Race Blakhart wrote:
Abuse of any type is plain evil.
As a survivor of years of child abuse, I hope he's put in gen pop.
That's where real justice is served.

Of course, this is only if he truly is guilty.
I cant imagine how it would feel to be accused of such a thing if it wasn't true.


He appeared in court with bandages on his head, it may be that others have already been seeking revenge.

I have a hard rule to NEVER be alone in a room with a child at anytime while performing or in my personal life; to prevent such an accusation of inappropriate behavior involving a child I insist that an adult always be in the room that iím performing in and in my personal life if iím sitting in a room with an adult and a child and the adult leaves the room, I follow the adult out of the room.

Just being an older single man in todays society having anything to do with children in itself is a mark against you
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1037 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2019, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, Race Blakhart wrote:
Abuse of any type is plain evil.
As a survivor of years of child abuse, I hope he's put in gen pop.
That's where real justice is served.

Of course, this is only if he truly is guilty.
I cant imagine how it would feel to be accused of such a thing if it wasn't true.


He appeared in court with bandages on his head, it may be that others have already been seeking revenge.



The bandages were due to his cancer treatment.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6694 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
I have a hard rule to NEVER be alone in a room with a child at anytime while performing or in my personal life; to prevent such an accusation of inappropriate behavior involving a child I insist that an adult always be in the room that iím performing in and in my personal life if iím sitting in a room with an adult and a child and the adult leaves the room, I follow the adult out of the room.

Just being an older single man in today's society having anything to do with children in itself is a mark against you


So true. What a sick world we live in...

Doug
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3277 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
I have a hard rule to NEVER be alone in a room with a child at anytime while performing or in my personal life; to prevent such an accusation of inappropriate behavior involving a child I insist that an adult always be in the room that iím performing in and in my personal life if iím sitting in a room with an adult and a child and the adult leaves the room, I follow the adult out of the room.

Just being an older single man in today's society having anything to do with children in itself is a mark against you


Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, Dougini wrote:

So true. What a sick world we live in...

Doug


Doug, I disagree with you, the world is a wonderful world to live in, itís the situation I am referring to, because of the despicable pedophiles that are destroying young childrenís lives compounded by the liberal government entities enacting sentencing guidelines releasing these people back into society to reoffend causing some parents to become suspicious of anyone coming in contact with their children and has inserted me in a segment of society to be cautious of

It is my opinion, that a pedophile that has had sexual contact with a child and confessed to the crime or has BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT EITHER BY BY DNA OR VIDEO EVIDENCE been convicted of molesting a child, should receive the death penalty as soon as it can be arranged without the benefit of an appeal

Mental health issues or eating Twinkies when the offender was young should not be a factor in innocence

Only severe sentencing guidelines and quick follow through with the prescribed punishment will rid society of the sick offenders that cause young children much pain and suffering and deter potential pedophiles from attempting to abuse children
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
343 Posts

Profile of MJE
[quote]On Nov 29, 2019, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:

It is my opinion, that a pedophile that has had sexual contact with a child and confessed to the crime or has BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT EITHER BY BY DNA OR VIDEO EVIDENCE been convicted of molesting a child, should receive the death penalty as soon as it can be arranged without the benefit of an appeal

Mental health issues or eating Twinkies when the offender was young should not be a factor in innocence

Only severe sentencing guidelines and quick follow through with the prescribed punishment will rid society of the sick offenders that cause young children much pain and suffering and deter potential pedophiles from attempting to abuse children




I guess I'm missing something. I'm pretty sure this is a magic forum. These extremist views have.....what......to do with magic?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9556 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
To make the offender "disappear"...like magic
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3277 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, Howie Diddot wrote:

It is my opinion, that a pedophile that has had sexual contact with a child and confessed to the crime or has BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT EITHER BY BY DNA OR VIDEO EVIDENCE been convicted of molesting a child, should receive the death penalty as soon as it can be arranged without the benefit of an appeal

Mental health issues or eating Twinkies when the offender was young should not be a factor in innocence

Only severe sentencing guidelines and quick follow through with the prescribed punishment will rid society of the sick offenders that cause young children much pain and suffering and deter potential pedophiles from attempting to abuse children



Quote:
On Nov 29, 2019, MJE wrote:
I guess I'm missing something. I'm pretty sure this is a magic forum. These extremist views have.....what......to do with magic?


MJ, yes you are missing the point, both directly and indirectly. Directly because the thread is concerning a magician that had been arrested and is being accused as being a pedophile. My post was on topic

My comments were not directed to Mr. Oliverís guilt or innocence, or my feelings about him in any manner, I believe Mr. Oliver is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

My comments were generic, answering Dougs comment about the world.

My comments are my feelings about why many childrenís magicians are viewed with suspicion just because they gather a few kids around to perform a few tricks because he enjoys making kids happy.

My anger is because I am being discriminated against because iím an older man that enjoys entertaining children and have to endure parents that teach their children that I should be avoided.

If youíre a magician performing in todayís society not only do you have to be concentrating on the illusion you are performing, at the same time you have to be very aware on how you move while a child is on stage.

If you think iím going overboard on my comment, look up the Smokey Mountain Instant Magician Stage, a $700.00 prop with a large plywood board placed between the back of the child and the front of the magician originally built by Dan for a performing magician at the request of an amusement park management team to avoid any negative comments from moms in the audience during his performance.

I hope I have provided you with enough information that this thread is about magicians performing magic for kids and the pitfalls we go through because of todays social environment

Lastly, there are thousands of threads on the Magic Cafť, some that interest me, many that I donít understand. If I wasn't interested in a thread iíd close the thread and move to the next one without asking an off topic question about the reason why a comment was posted

.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Did you hear the latest? Ľ Ľ David Oliver Arrested For Abusing Children (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL