The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pumpkin2500
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of pumpkin2500
Hi, I'm pumpkin2500. I'm currently in high school and just started practicing card tricks a few days ago. I've already preformed a few of the tricks for my friends. I'm hoping to be very good at cardistry before college. The main reasons I got into magic this weekend was 2 things. One of my favorite magicians, Micheal Carbonaro, did a podcast, and Now You See Me was on tv. Right now I am just trying to get all of the basics down, like pinky breaks. Thanks for reading!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome pumpkin2500,

If you just took up Magic a few days ago, then you are very LUCKY that your performances have not been a disaster.

You don't seem like the cautious type but I'd suggest a little restraint. Don't press your luck. For the good of Magic, your reputation and ego, spend some more time practicing.

Best of (continued) luck!

- Mary Mowder
HeronsHorse
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
207 Posts

Profile of HeronsHorse
Welcome! You know Mary is right. You really shouldn't perform any tricks afrer only a few days. Of course there are simple tricks most anyone can do but I feel that if I'm going to do this stuff, then I must do it to the absolute best of my ability. And so that means following what I've been taught in so many books on the subject. That is: do not hurry to show a newly learned effect or trick. Practice until you can do it blindfold, with your eyes closed, automatically! Smile
Pinky count is not a basic move, although it seems like it should be. To do it right you need to get strength in that weak finger. That takes time!
I'd say start with shuffles and cuts first. You cant do anything if you arent able to handle cards well and those teach that..
Paul
Quote of the Month
Those who think that magic consists of doing tricks are strangers to magic. Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained."
- S.H. Sharpe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL