The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Strange rope through body?!??! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I saw Paul Nathan (Devilinthedeck.com) perform this once...

He starts with rope through body (similar to rope through neck) but then the rope gets stuck halfway, so it looks like it's going straight through his body. He turns around 360 degrees and you can see the rope is not behind him or anything like that. Then he pulls the rope up to his head so it's going in one ear and out the other, then he pulls one side very fast so it's going in one ear and out one nostril.

I was wondering where one could find this effect for sale. I asked him and he said it wasn't available, but I wanted to check here too.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If the doer said it wasn't available, I guess he's right. Why would you want to do someone elses bit anyway?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I believe this could be (or is at least an independent creation) the one time marketed effect "miracle rope thru body."

s
BBM123
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
98 Posts

Profile of BBM123
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I own Meir Yedid's Rope Thru Body(gimmicked). The rope does get stuck halfway(you can see the rope thru your body from the front, back, and sides) and you can pull it up. It costs about 5 dollars.
If you have any other questions, please PM me,
Loren
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi,

The rope trick was Jimmy Fingers' Rope-u-tation , as performed very nicely by Paul Nathan on 30 Seconds to fame. This rope effect has fooled David Copperfield and more, and was sold as a very limited release.

When everyone decided that Bob Sheets Hang 'em High was the only way to do this effect, dealers had no interest in Rope-u-tation. A real shame.

Jay Alexander, Maritess Zurbano, Paul Nathan and Jimmy are four of a very few performers who use this very guarded and mysterious effect.

Jimmy actually has a very advanced improvement on the one that you saw on 30 Seconds to Fame.

Good luck,

Wameseth
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I found the video of it here.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
It definitely looks like Jeff Stewart's "ROPE THROUGH BODY".
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I haven't seen the video yet, but there is a similar effect by Joe Karson, Rope Thru Body, the rope is passed thru the magician twice, see Ency of Rope Tricks p347

Not exactly the same effect, but if have the Ency of Rope tricks, look up
John Giordmaine' comedy rope trick(p113) - the ends of 2 ropes are placed in the 2 pants pockets(one in each), suddenly become connected inside the pants (as evidence by pulling on the ends that remained hanging outside the pant pockets.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Is there any way to contact Jimmy Fingers???
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jordini
I just googled him. He has a web site.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I saw that video today, whoa! I've not seen anything like that before. Like a "Roped" on steroids.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi, I'm in the process of making more Rope-u-tations, but, as always with this effect, it's difficult to build. Something ALWAYS comes up. This time, the company that makes magician's rope has changed the diameter, and they've left out the core of the rope, as well. The gimmicks that I had were perfect for the old rope, but, now that I've run out of rope, and have the new rope, I have to re-tool my gimmicks to work with the new rope. I'm waiting for shipments of the elements of the gimmick to make it narrow enough to not cause a bulge in the rope.

I'll keep you updated...

Thanks for your patience, now you see why the price for this is so high!

Jimmy
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
In stock now!!!

Thanks,

Jimmy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Strange rope through body?!??! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL