The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » This has been killin' me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
So I showed my son Color Monte and then Virginia City Shuffle. I thought if I closed w/ VCS it would be a little more appropriate. My son said hands down "the one with that $14 card takes it. That was crazy etc, etc..".

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS: What order would YOU put those in?

Color monte and then VCS

or

VCS and then Color monte?
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
I wouldn't do them one after the other in the first place. They are both "find the lady" kind of routines, even if the moves are different, you are taking a packet of cards to perform something and soon after having put them away, you take another one to perform something with the same theme ...

But there may be a good reason for you to do that, so I'm open to your thoughts.

Mark
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Agree with mlippo. I wouldn’t have two “find the lady” tricks in the same set. There are so many other great effects.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki performs his "Go Fish Monte", which is a variation of Jim Temple's Color Monte, in which he tells the story about how the swindler is the smallest kid in kindergarten who takes his money using cards from an oversized deck of Go Fish playing cards. Then Qua-Fiki follows up with "Go Wild Fish!" to “explain” how the little kid was able to fool him, by using a certain “fishtail” movement to change the fish cards from Blue to Red. You would have to make your own "Wild Card" set using the same cards used in your Color Monte, but the two tricks go well together without repeating the same plot.

https://www.magicnook.com/Qua-FikiCorner/Book1.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » This has been killin' me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL