The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch without TT (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Could someone please point me to sources for performing the bill switch without using a TT.

Thanks in advance and have a great day,

Walking Magic Bob
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I assume you are referring to the folding in 16ths version.

You can purchase the book, "SWITCH - Unfolding The $100 Bill Change by John Lovick" for $50, it covers everything on the bill switch, methods with the TT and without, full routines, etc.

The original manuscript came with a non-TT method as wall, if you can locate a copy.

I am not aware of any DVDs that explain both methods on a single DVD.
MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
I just purchased DYNASWITCH by Mehdi from AMAZON. You can find
a performance on YOUTUBE by Gary Ouellet to see if it fits your
style.
MAGIC HAPPENS !
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Leirpoll's Pocket Power has a tipless bill switch which looks good, and the booklet has some other very nice effects

(It is also in SWITCH, in part. But the other tipless swithces in the book should work )
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The book Switch Bill stated above is a complete book of switch's tip or topless
The only book you will ever need.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
"Berland's Bill Tear Secrets" has a method that does away with the TT. The critics sure liked it.
Lybrary.com has it.

https://www.lybrary.com/berlands-bill-te......571.html
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, John Long wrote:
Leirpoll's Pocket Power has a tipless bill switch which looks good, and the booklet has some other very nice effects

(It is also in SWITCH, in part. But the other tipless swithces in the book should work )

I started with the Roger Klause switch. I ditched the tip, but kept the fold. The Leirpoll switch works, but I came up with an acquitment that fit my natural movements.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Saw this at a magic convention by one of the attendees:

Guy had a Nestles Crunch Candy bar and he was screwing around having it slid back in forth into the cover.

Which is silly but makes you think he is a goof.

Then he eats the candy bar and says boy that was delicious I wish I had money for another one.

Then he does the $100 bill switch with the blue wrapper and changed it into a dollar.

So there you go. Magic and Chocolate. Two of our favorite things.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I am really giving too much away with this. But Jay Scott Berry, on his Penguin live, gives away some incredible bill switches with a Sanada.

You don't' have to train your fingers to be gymnasts. It works, and you still can show your hands empty.

However, I would suggest you ask me about my close up Sanada. The only way you will get away with this cleanly every time, if you want to do it close up under any conditions.
I offer two for 20 dollars shipped. I really do not want to promote it, but I also would like to offer to relieve the pain of those who want a cleaner and far easier
bill switch. pm me for details. Guaranteed. Nobody else offers this. I wish they would.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Another good point. If you could really do magic, you might fold a bill a little to make a change. But you would never fold it way up in a wad like they do for the TT version.
So the Sanada especially the close up one (which is invisible used in close up) which only I manufacture by hand, is a great way to do this since you can show your hand empty . Freely and casually.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I started the bill switch with a TT but after reading Lovick's book I switched to the tip less method.
The only time I use a Tt is when I do bill to lemon.
Ihor
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Do-It-Yourself Sanada: print out a photo of your hand on heavy matte photo paper (or use any hand photo as long as the complexion matches yours). Cut to playing card size (or smaller). It can also be glued to a playing card so you can have it with a back, hiding in a deck, ready to be used. You're welcome.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Jim, I like your creativity. But paper only lasts so long. I like to have a sanada in plastic so it can get wet, get scraped, and last almost forever. Any ideas on making it durable?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
With a playing card Sanada, just laminate in plastic. Also you can make several at one time to have enough to last into your golden years.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I don't know how to laminate without it looking like a glossy plastic. I make my own sanadas from thumb tip type plastic. They are as invisible as a thumb tip with just a little movement. But I don't have to deal with paper, and glossy laminates. have you made it ? thanks I appreciate ALL CREATIVITY. it is what made America great and is the only way to continue to do so.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, bowers wrote:
The book Switch Bill stated above is a complete book of switch's tip or topless

I didn't notice any of that in my copy; Isn't that a bit risque?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, jimgerrish wrote:
Do-It-Yourself Sanada: print out a photo of your hand on heavy matte photo paper (or use any hand photo as long as the complexion matches yours). Cut to playing card size (or smaller). It can also be glued to a playing card so you can have it with a back, hiding in a deck, ready to be used. You're welcome.

Sometimes, hidden among the jiberish of the Café, are real gems. This is one of them Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
This particular adaptation of the Sanada principle (finger camouflage for concealing something) does not need a three-dimensional gimmick. You could start by taking any playing card and using it to conceal a folded dollar bill in your hand. The card will curve as your fingers curve, holding the bill in place and out of sight. When you release the playing card, flatten it out and ditch it on top of a deck of cards, all you have left is the dollar bill in your hand which you can then produce as if you were a magician. Now, just to be tricky, place a photo of the inside of your hand and curved fingers on the front of the playing card, keeping the back the same as it was. Now, while hiding the dollar bill behind the card, you can casually allow your open hand to be seen empty, thanks to the Sanada principle. This playing card Sanada can be used to replace the plastic three-dimensional Sanada in many other instances and has the advantage of being ditched onto a pack of playing cards, unlike the plastic thingee which has to be disposed of in some other fashion.
Class dismissed.

I personally use my adaptation of U.F. Grant's 1939 “Slow Motion Bill Switch” in which a one dollar bill changes places with a five dollar bill in the hands of a spectator, aThat way I don't even have to dispose of a playing card-like-Sanada gimmick.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That hand on a playing card was around in the 1960's, At the local magic club meeting, a guy had one. He refused to give me his source. It really looked good, back then no home printers or computers. Forgot all about it until it was mentioned here. With to days cameras and printers, you can get a very nice image. Just have to know how to palm a playing card.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Bill, as usual, an amazing post. Wow. Thanks so much. IT is amazing to see how creative magicians were without all the technology we have. Great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch without TT (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL