The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Running on with running gags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I always had fun with the 'Wedgy' reference when doing a large full body puppet. Of course I am the obvious cause of that wedgy and 'he' just seemed to find numerous places to drop it in...especially when discussing the audience.

Well...I laughed.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
full circle
View Profile
New user
Pascagoula, Ms.
53 Posts

Profile of full circle
If the time is right and it's an adult crowd I like the Lotta Flask.

John
"A person who can laugh at himself, will never fail to be amused".
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I use dipy duck. Everytime I pick it up I say, the duck will now get your card. I put it down and say have you seen this one, and I divert the trick until near the end, depending on what audience.

I sometimes say the reason I couldn't find the card was because I forgot how to do the trick. Then the duck finds the card or sometimes I pretend the duck told me he knows what card it is. I say go get it and he comes up with it so I ask him how he did and he wispers into my ear, 'Oh that's who you did it,' and he keeps on bringing up the same cards from a one way force deck.

Works for me!
Matt
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
I use hair or lack of hair as call backs. This runs through the magic as well as the Vent bits.

Example:

Nigel: I really liked the part where you made it disappear

Harris: What's that?

Nigel: Your Hair

H: NO MORE HAIR JOKES

N. NO MORE HAIR

After going over some magic words, and more hair references, I ask Nigel if he would like to hear another magic word.

N. OK

H. Hereditary (sic)

The old Dick Van Dyke shows are full of hair jokes. From Buddy to Mel.

Enjoy the laughter

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Very funny, I think comedy works better if you can make fun of yourself as well.

Matt
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
One of the funniest call backs and running gags I saw recently was in Mac Kings show where he calls back to his pet earth worm and the Fig Newton.
I don't want to ruin it ... so If you haven't seen his Vegas show - make an effort to do so. It is brilliant.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Running on with running gags (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL