The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » TEENAGERS (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1377 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
No excuse, I did troll. So did you, many more times than I did I might add. But I also made several points that I've seen no attempt from you to discuss or rebut. You are just pounding the table and proving that you have nothing to add to the topic or discussion.

Quote:
On Feb 23, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Hilariously pathetic excuses.

How silly claiming somehow you "succumbed" and started trolling. You were trolling and it is as simple as that.

Yes it is easier to call me one to mitigate your actions even further in your mind. Nobody is being indignant, b simply pointing out your behavior. Doing so does not qualify as trolling as desperate as you are for that to be true.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8091 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well, Kaliix, I do not have a "graduate teaching degree"! Since the early '50s, I have never taught anyone, magic. I have mentored dozens. I've mentioned some names like Henning, McAllister, Windley. There are many others who are now successful performers.

I always told them, "I can't teach you anything! I can only help you learn!" --And, I did.

An old Greek philosopher, Sophocles, said, a few millenia ago, that, "One learns by doing the thing."

Those that convinced me that they wanted to learn, how to perform magic, were counseled, and guided in what books to study. (Not just books with methods of tricks, but books on showmanship (Nelms et al) and, principles (Tarbell)). We discussed performing techniques, presentation, tempo, timing and time, etc. They began to realize that, magic is not inherently entertaining! They began to realize that tricks are but tools that magicians use to entertain. Those things cannot be learned in a three hour session.

Some of them, I later helped get work. They are now successful, and. thankful.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1041 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, Dick Oslund wrote:
Those things cannot be learned in a three hour session.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19489 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, Dick Oslund wrote:
Those things cannot be learned in a three hour session.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

True enough. But it does not ONLY take a single step.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8335 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:

True enough. But it does not ONLY take a single step.

Yup - even if one must use a cane. I am forever introducing performance magic as a hobby, discipline or profession.

I do not want nay reader to think I do not tech tricks to kids or seniors, or later attempt to morph that into performing magic.

My early comments on this thread were guided by my interpretation of the OP and the phrase "been asked."
Never did get an answer as to who did the asking - and important factor in deciding what, where or if.

Often the first step is to perform a magic effect and refuse to perform tricks or dance on a puppet string.
That first step can be the planting of a seed. You can then wait for the proof of interest in the observed fruit.

There is no way of knowing how many can watch Danny's show and later become interested in magic.
But, we can know it happens ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » TEENAGERS (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL