The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
You can set Flux to vibrate only. For those using objects other than coins, what kind of ending? I like the coin as such that you, at the end can tell them whether it's heads or tails.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
You don’t need to keep it in your hand, as discussed in the instructions? Regards, Luc.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I rarely use the shell see earlier posts Gaz 😊
Magic Seagull
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Magic Seagull
I always use the shell and have never had an issue. I don’t think it needs to be a perfect fit as people aren’t looking for something suspicious- rather like a t***b t*p - in more ways than one! It’s a wonderful device.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree the shell is perfect but I just prefer to be set up without going to into my pocket etc but I do on occasions so it’s very very versatile Gaz 😊
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
I also prefer to use Flux hand held and using the shell.
I think it is more natural to "point" or/and gesture with your hand when someone, for instance, hide something in one of their hands, rather than have to hold, say,your wrist (when yor device is hidden there) towards the object in a spectators hand.
(Hope that makes sence, English is not my native lingo.)

If you have Colin McLeod's Penguin Lecture, compere his handlig using his gimmick to Dave Loosely's handling in Alakazam's ad for Flux.
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/flux-by-promystic.html
I find Dave's minimal "pointing" more discreet than Colins arm-wrist movement he must use when wearing the device on his wrist.
(Sorry Colin, I find most of your other stuff great... like your Alias Wallet!!!)

And, as pointed out in another post, with the shell, it might for some be the usual t***b t*p syndrome that might kick in here. Smile Not me, though!

Flux is a superb product!
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Thomas ... you're obviously only familiar with some of my work Smile
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You can point just the same way with the wrist . My coins and other objects pick up from a long distance as they are the best magnetic coins out there Gaz 😊
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2021, Colin wrote:
Thomas ... you're obviously only familiar with some of my work Smile

Colin, I wrote that I like THE MOST of your work. I have followed your work under a considerable long time, allthogh I am, perhabs, not a huge consumer and buyer of your products.

Well, "like" or "unlike" is perhabs not what I really meant here. I should rather have said that some of your ideas does not suit MY style of performance.
Or age, for that matter. Being born in the 1940s, well, street magic style is not really my cup of tea anymore! Smile

But your way of thinking and approccing magic and mentalism have my strongest approval.

Sorry for and old man's verbal (?) rambling and ranting! Especially in a lingo that is not my natve one!

Take care, stay safe in this turbulent time! Smile
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
You can point just the same way with the wrist . My coins and other objects pick up from a long distance as they are the best magnetic coins out there Gaz 😊

Gaz, I certanly see yor point here.
But if you have seen the ridiclous small coins that the latest monetarian reform/change has done to coin magicians in my country, you might have agreed with me.
Our modern bills and coins are so small nowdays, you could easily think they came from a Monopoly game!
The biggest coin here in Sweden is too small to house a decent magnet, and using a Kreis dollar, well...
(I have used walnuts, pebbles from Michael Murray, just to mention a few, instead of coins, no loss routineways for me, that is.)

But if you are happy your way and I am happy my way... Smile
jetpilot
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jetpilot
I have Flux, and have been very happy with it. There is no need for an app. And it uses a cheap to replace battery when that is ever needed.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree, Flux is a great product Gaz 😊
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Having read and re-read every thread here on the Forum dealing with the "Flux" device, I note that practically all posts deal with the mechanics of the gimmick, with practically nothing said about how to use it to good effect in a routine. From this I conclude that the prosaic, "If I can guess the correct hand 3 or more times in a row it must be magic" idea is pretty much where most of us think it starts and stops. But is that really all there is to the story?

I've been working for a while on a "progressive" mentalism routine that starts with a bare-bones demonstration of the Charpentier illusion using the beautiful "Less Is More" wood blocks, then transitions to a couple of simple but (hopefully) baffling "mental" card effects, and culminates in a full-blown ESP routine accompanied by my own historical patter about Rhine, Zener, et al. and employing Forster's "basic handling" facilitated by the excellent Tenyo cards.

Having only recently become aware of the Filicetti "Flux" device, I am now thinking about adding it to my routine, perhaps as a sort of bridge into the concept of mind-reading being actually more real than most people think. I would love to hear from anyone here who has a fresh idea about how to work the Flux device into a mentalism routine rather than simply use it as a stand-alone, dead-end effect about guessing which hand something is in. --Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I would be surprised if many use it as you suggest. You may as well do loads of other which hands that cost next to nothing if you were going down those lines.
Tequila Hustler or Hands down are a fraction of the cost of this.
I think people often wrongly assume that most who say buy a peek wallet just get a word written down and immediately reveal it.
I actually can’t think of any magicians I know who doesn’t layer it much much further than that.
Having said that Flux is a great price for what you get and works flawlessly imho Gaz 😊
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Gaz, thanks for your reply. And regarding your very sanguine overall assessment of Flux ("great price," "works flawlessly") I must say that others seem to concur heartily, with comments such as "One of the greatest gimmicks I have ever bought." and "It's awesome!" being almost universal.

However, having now been led to understand that my view of the Flux device as a one-trick pony should be chalked up to a lack of imagination on my part, I'd still be keen to hear from others re: any different applications of the gimmick "out of hand," so to speak. Is anyone using Flux to locate an object hidden amongst others on a tabletop, for instance? Or perhaps in an envelope held to a mentalist's forehead? (I'm thinking along lines of a refrigerator magnet here.) Since I do not yet own Flux, I must "pipe-dream" possible applications in my head, but I'd really love to hear about other possible effects besides the traditional "which hand" scenario. I'd even appreciate (ala Edison) hearing about experiments that failed.

Meanwhile, thanks again, Gaz, for your tactful guidance--much appreciated! (smile)
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Deckstacker great thoughts there, with regards to the magnets needed to get a read they do have to be quite strong. Obviously more so if held in a closed fist so it will be interesting to experiment with flatter magnets in envelopes etc. I appreciate your thinking and you sharing your good ideas Gaz 😊
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Having procrastinated for several days, I just today pulled the trigger and ordered Flux. Of course, I did it on a holiday weekend, so there'll be the usual delivery delays...sigh! However, I'll use the waiting time to keep on dreaming up different experiments to try out with the device. (Google "EMF Ghost Detector" for one of several strange pathways my brain has led me down recently.) (smile) Haven't had this much fun in years--can't wait to start playing with the actual device when it arrives! Thanks to all here whose positive reviews led me to place an order--cheers!
James Knight
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of James Knight
Hi Deckstacker, Welcome to the fun! I am interested to hear your thoughts after waiting so long to purchase.
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
James Knight: My Flux unit arrived just 24 hours ago, and thus far I have only watched the instructional video a couple of times and written out for myself a 1-page summary of the salient points so as not to have to keep referring back to the video all the time. I will observe up-front, however, that with one (1) fixed-focus camera on the instructor (Craig Filicetti himself), the video as a visual aid leaves much to be desired. I kept waiting for close-up shots of the innards of the device that never came. Surely a $200 electronic marvel like Flux merits greater production values than 29-1/2 minutes of a single-camera shot of a fellow standing (subjectively) a distance of 5-6 feet away holding a tiny gimmick in his hands as he talks about it!

I'll likely be posting more soon, after I have actually experimented with the device and perhaps feel that I have something to say about it that others have not already discussed here on the Forum. Meanwhile, let me welcome you to the fun also--cheers!
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
James Knight--second impressions of Flux: Having now played with the device for several hours, I will observe that the electronic performance is just about perfect (!), with the only somewhat "fussy" aspect of the detection process relating to heads/tails (polarity) discrimination when using a coin, which I suspect is mostly a function of my lack of experience using the device rather than any inherent vice of the unit itself. I do have an issue with the fit of the finger shell in my hand, which is much looser than I had imagined it would be and requires active finger palming to keep from dropping it. I would observe additionally that I judge the size and shape of my hands to be pretty much average, with finger length and flexibility sufficient to span a ninth (octave-plus-one) on a piano keyboard.

Bottom line: It's summer here where I live now in Sunny SoCal, and short sleeves are de rigueur for a couple of months yet, so I probably won't be Velcroing the Flux unit inside a shirtsleeve anytime soon. But even with the self-imposed restriction of using Flux with the finger shell as designed, I am overall VERY pleased with it thus far and look forward to experimenting with it further in the days and weeks ahead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL