The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Crediting the mercury card fold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
I'm in the process of writing a book on mentalism and I'm struggling to find the creator or origins of the 'mecury card fold'. Does anyone have any ideas?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Expert Card Technique - A Card for Pegasus. Tommy Wonder discusses and demonstrates folding a card in his videos.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It was described in "Expert Card Technique" (1940) by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue. Magicians call this the “Mercury Fold” but Hugard and Braue called it "Mercury’s Card." I know this because Spellbinder and Dusheck used it for their "Wizards' Wallet" in The Wizards' Journal #20 and I had to do the research for them: https://www.magicnook.com/WizJ20/wizj20-10WizardsWallet.htm
DGillam
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of DGillam
According to Denis Behr's Conjuring Credits, the fold is uncredited in "Expert Card Technique", but in the "Fred Braue Notbooks", Braue credits John Scarne.
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
So from all your lovely feedback I know it was first published in expert card technique but left unaccredited. At a later date fred Braue credits it to john scarne in his Notebook correct?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Crediting the mercury card fold (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL