The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PRISON DECK by Joao Miranda (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
We all remember the scissors stuck on the table gag. This is a brilliant moment of pure comedy.
Joao Miranda is a genius, he brought this super funny moment into close up magic using just a deck of cards.
A lot of details have gone to the materials used, so much so that although it feels like a real deck of cards the gimmick is made out of washable special plastic that will last forever.
I love this!!!

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=59477

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Looks awesome. Lasts a lifetime?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks good. I love it!
Can you put the gimmick in a different box??
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
50 Bucks? Smile Smile
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
Looks good. I love it!
Can you put the gimmick in a different box??

The card box is the gimmick.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
rtp8957
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of rtp8957
Can you use the cards as a regular deck after removing them?
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
I like this a lot, big potential to develop a strong presentation.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2019, pegasus wrote:
50 Bucks? Smile Smile

Were you expecting cheap or affordable? It's a Joao Miranda product after all!
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Quote:
50 Bucks? Smile Smile

You don't have a paid job? Smile Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Anyone who wants this needs to take a serious look at their current magic inventory.
Julio_Montoro
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Julio_Montoro
Quote:
Anyone who wants this needs to take a serious look at their current magic inventory.

Good enough for Dani Daortiz but not for “Pegasus” LOL
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
The gimmick is built to last here also the box itself is not a regular one in, of course its gimmicked but its made out of a plastic kinda thing so it will last you for a long time... Smile The cards can be used as normal.
Best,
Tom
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Follow this up with a Sharpie pen cap that the person cant remove....
then you do Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Pseudo hypnosis routines are a lot of fun to perform. This could be part of a nice three phase routine.
MagicMax20
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMax20
Personally, I agree with Pegasus. I don't like the idea of laughing at a spectator because he cannot do what you can do. The only way I could see me use it is if I could have a strong guy struggle to take the cards out and then hand it to a little child and have him remove the cards with no difficulty at all. That would be funny! But otherwise I don't like making fun of my spectators in that way.
paradix88
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of paradix88
I wouldn’t use this myself, as a key part of my personal style in card magic is retaining the illusion that I do everything with a regular deck of cards. This breaks that continuity for a cheap gag.
But I can see how it could be used quite powerfully in different types of magic. The hypnosis example above would be excellent. Other stories could also be built around the idea with serious motifs.
I think the seller is selling it short by calling it a moment of pure comedy. And the critics are selling it short by not seeing how a little imagination could make this a great tool.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
It’s as funny as a tear no tear routine with a strong man and a child wear you hand the sheet back and forth.
I’m looking forward to this.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I would prefer some sort of hypnosis routine or strong person / child routine, but since it says that only the magician can remove the cards, I feel that limits those options. It would be better if the locking could be turned on / off and a spectator could remove the cards.

For those who think that most magicians could pull this off as a funny gag, think about how funny most magicians are (hey - comedy is hard!) and whether or not they would be able to make this amusing.

My feeling is that for the majority of magicians it would add to the "magicians are jerks" sentiment held by some of the public due to ... well - you know.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2019, MF Tom wrote:
The gimmick is built to last here also the box itself is not a regular one in, of course its gimmicked but its made out of a plastic kinda thing so it will last you for a long time... Smile The cards can be used as normal. About the price: We run a 10% off at the entire store so you can save a few bucks on Prison Deck too at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/ Best, Tom

Thank you, this information was very helpful and I also see a potential for various applications
I love to combine magic with humor and fun, the idea with a pseudohypnosis is a good one ...
MagicMax20
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMax20
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, barts185 wrote:
I would prefer some sort of hypnosis routine or strong person / child routine, but since it says that only the magician can remove the cards, I feel that limits those options. It would be better if the locking could be turned on / off and a spectator could remove the cards.

For those who think that most magicians could pull this off as a funny gag, think about how funny most magicians are (hey - comedy is hard!) and whether or not they would be able to make this amusing.

My feeling is that for the majority of magicians it would add to the "magicians are jerks" sentiment held by some of the public due to ... well - you know.

I am 100% with you on that one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PRISON DECK by Joao Miranda (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL