The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Inject vs wikitest Repeatability (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scooter3333
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of scooter3333
Hi all! Wondering about the repeatability of wikitest vs inject 2.0 if the same group asks to see a specific trick again? If you are working with both, do you find one is more your “go to” than another? Thanks for the input..
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2502 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I have both. I use both. They are both wonderful tools. Here's the short answer...

I wouldn't repeat the same effect for a group. However, this is where Inject can really shine. Inject is not just one thing but is a whole family of effects. In a group setting, you could move from one effect to another with Inject and it wouldn't look or feel the same.

However, I personally never perform more than one thing at a time that uses a phone. If everything you do requires the use of a phone, it will at some point arouse suspicion.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2608 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I agree with Steven.

I never perform more than one "phone" effect ... two is pushing it.

To answer your question about a group asking to see a trick again ... never repeat the same trick.

Simply say "Let me show you something better"!

Regarding which is your "go to" effect, that's up to you.

Many Inject users like the Push Notifications feature because it allows them to perform without any preparation.
As long as your phone is got power in your pocket, you're good to go (even if your phone is asleep).

If you don't have your phone, or your phone is dead, you can perform with two borrowed phones.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
scooter3333
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of scooter3333
Thanks Steven. I agree with your points. As I read the multiple threads for both, I envisioned that wikitest would beg for someone in the group to say “do me!” Makes sense if they believe you can read their minds, you should be able to do everyone, right? And I also believed that Greg’s greatly reviewed Inject would offer the upside of variety as an out. Kudos to Greg by the way, and thanks for the personal response from the developer. Nice to see!
Also, just a shout out to Frederic da Silva - saw his Paranormal mentalism show in Vegas last week, and he was a smash. Nice guy. Signed for everyone after the show and did an any number with every single person in line. So good he even got me lol.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
WikiTest is absolutely supposed to be a one-off effect.
However, it’s designed to give the magician a lot of mileage in the routine for various reveals, and is built to be carefully tailored to its effect.

I do have other apps for sale too capable of other effects should you wish to perform multiple tricks involving phones. Each of them are focused on one main effect, and some of them are even free.

Thanks,
Marc
Hello! I make magic apps, such as WikiTest, Earworm, Xeno and WebFX.
scooter3333
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of scooter3333
Thanks for the reply Marc. I appreciate the clarity!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
No problem.

Should you be interested, as I posted on another thread, here’s a very basic performance video of WikiTest being performed live on stage.
(This is simply the basic performance without the extra bells and whistles that WikiTest also offers.)

WikiTest Live Performance

Thanks
Hello! I make magic apps, such as WikiTest, Earworm, Xeno and WebFX.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Special user
Tamil Nadu, India
824 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
But there are lot of polssibiities to repeat with inject without havindg ur phone into play
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
If you cannot repeat it...How good could it be?
With proper premise and some creative wording I repeat them often.
magicianbrady
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Why would you ever repeat a trick? The surprise at the end gets the biggest reactions. If you repeat, there's no surprise and you obviously won't get as strong reactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Inject vs wikitest Repeatability (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL