The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Need instructions for Chinese LUOHANQUIAN coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chucklerich
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
I just bought these on amazon in half dollar size. They consist of 5 chinese style hole coins with 2 expanded sh**ls. The set csme with a mini Dvd. BUT Since ive no DVD player I'm a bit in the dark about the particular tricks they are designed for. Does anyone know a place online I csn see the DVd content or at least a printed version of the intructions so I can make use of my new set.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1861 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
You're not missing much.
It has some rudimentary lessons (less than 13 minutes total running time) on the L'Homme Masque load, the French Drop, and a few other sleights, coin and string... it assumes you can classic palm -- multiple coins at once and the ability to drop them out individually for some things. There are no spoken or written words - if you need to learn these basics you'd do better to get some real material on them.

For what to do with your shells, the L&L World's Greatest Magic DVD on Expanded Shells has a number of solid routines.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8226 Posts

Profile of funsway
I agree. This set was "designed" for any particular tricks. The are wonderful tools for many routines learned elsewhere. That DVD only provides suggestions (poorly)

I prefer a routine that segues from CCC to "coins across" selected for the audience of the moment, with a back-up of C/R string.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
chucklerich
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
Thank you, I'm relieved I'm not missing out on anything essential. At the very least ive a nice set of coins that looks and works nice.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1861 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2019, chucklerich wrote:
Thank you, I'm relieved I'm not missing out on anything essential. At the very least ive a nice set of coins that looks and works nice.

Check your Private Messages
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1765 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
They are beautiful coins.

But a little too heavy and thick for CCC.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8226 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2019, Neznarf wrote:
They are beautiful coins.

But a little too heavy and thick for CCC.

I do prefer the dollar size for that, but the half dollar seems to work OK.
Maybe it is because I use a different ending than standard(in packed instructions).
No, I would not buy these coins just to do CCC, but love the segue to other effects.

But thanks for reminding me that the feel of a coin can be a factor in choice of effect.
I am going to add alien in many of my eBooks about being comfortable with the feel before studying a routine.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Need instructions for Chinese LUOHANQUIAN coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL