The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SIGNED • BENT • TORN - World Magic Shop (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3725 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, takeachance wrote:
I'd have to think more about a routine for this. Looking at the trailer it is more of a feat of strength than magical. At the moment I wouldn't think this an improvement on a coin bending in someones hand.

I also agree with your opeinion and conclusion. I think a coin bend in somepne's hand while using a signed coin appears to be stronger. I would like to hear first hand reviews as well.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
merricksforge
View Profile
New user
Asheville, NC
74 Posts

Profile of merricksforge
It looks like a lot like this https://youtu.be/9zk_3Voesjs
Psychic Escape
Man has an invincible inclination to allow himself to be deceived and is, as it were, enchanted with happiness when the rhapsodist tells him epic fables as if they were true, or when the actor in the theater acts more royally than any real king. So long as it is able to deceive without injuring, that master of deception, the intellect, is free; it is released from its former slavery and celebrates its Saturnalia. It is never more luxuriant, richer, prouder, more clever and more daring. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
NO ! it has to be a special alloy quarter (No switch) so how many coins do you get ? I am In !
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of gassaox
I thought it would be some tool where you can pre cut and then bend coin ,with a switch ,then maybe vanishes after the bend ,I wonder why he has a jacket on ?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Seems like you are going to need plenty of re-fills if you do this effect a lot.

My thoughts exactly. This is a definite souvenir piece.

I'm guessing this is a special alloy coin that you switch in after they give you one. When you give it away, what is stopping them from just tearing it all the way? There is a DEFINITE cut in the trailer when someone hands him a coin to someone signing the coin. I'm not very crazy about this.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No no no. This is definitely a pre-bent and torn coin. It is covered with a half [ to allow signing. The [ follows the contours of the coin inscription. You can see that he pushes away the [ when he does the bending phase. It’s very obvious to me.

What I believe you will receive is possibly 3 gimmick coins and 1 [ depending on which currency you choose.

This is only my guessing. I have no insider knowledge.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
If Ryan Tricks likes it then it's a hard No from me.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
776 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
This will be £60.Also if you get it at Blackpool you will get a 52 to 1 deck free with your purchase.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2019, pegasus wrote:
No no no. This is definitely a pre-bent and torn coin. It is covered with a half [ to allow signing. The [ follows the contours of the coin inscription. You can see that he pushes away the [ when he does the bending phase. It’s very obvious to me.

What I believe you will receive is possibly 3 gimmick coins and 1 [ depending on which currency you choose.

This is only my guessing. I have no insider knowledge.

Yeah that is good thinking ,never thought of that 👍🏻
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, merricksforge wrote:
It looks like a lot like this https://youtu.be/9zk_3Voesjs

Yes, but the tearing in the video you linked to looks real, not fake like in the David Penn trailer.
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
260 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Looks good.
didn't Gary Kurtz have a torn coin out years ago?
don't think it was signed though.

Best,

Sileeni..........
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
260 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Think it was called Twister!!!
fabio_barstar
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of fabio_barstar
There will be also a uk version and an american version, so the gimmick is related to the coin in some way
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I had an effect from David Roth Bent Torn & Twisted I may stll have it somewhere I got it many many years ago at Tannens Magic in N.Y.
MagicMax20
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMax20
Has a trailer been published yet?
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, trickyat86 wrote:
Video is up on facebook https://www.facebook.com/worldmagicshop/......3568145/
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5778 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2019, tophatter wrote:
I had an effect from David Roth Bent Torn & Twisted I may stll have it somewhere I got it many many years ago at Tannens Magic in N.Y.

I, too, have this from decades ago. Some great handling taught in it. Will be interesting to see how much similarity there is with "signed" added into the mix.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1552 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Anyone at Blackpool it would be great if you could post information about what you actually get with this?
Thanks Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
My only concert also is the visibility of the join. Hopefully the UK version is good.
CocktailsandConjuring
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of CocktailsandConjuring
Watched David’s video this morning stating that you can give away the coin and do not need to buy refills. Now I’m intrigued.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SIGNED • BENT • TORN - World Magic Shop (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL