The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Gimmicked everyday objects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrianrbf
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Any proposals for everyday objects that are gimmicked, but still fulfil their everyday function?

For instance:
* A wallet that serves as an everyday wallet, but is also a peek wallet, change wallet or card-to-wallet-able wallet.
* Key ring that you can carry your keys around with, which is at the same time a ring flight prop. (I have Nicholas Einhorn's "Pro flite" key ring, but it does not last long if you use it daily as your ordinary key ring.)
* A watch with a special secret to do the famous prediction trick (I forgot the name).

What other everyday objects could be used in an ordinary way and at the same time carry a magical secret? A diary with which you can force a date? A colour changing knife that can really be used as a pocket knife? A pencil case, a notebook, a pen, all with a magical secret? Any ideas or proposals?
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
New user
MN
85 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
Quote:
A diary with which you can force a date?

I'd be interested in that trick. Anyone know it?
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
adrianrbf
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, BobMillerMAGIC! wrote:
Quote:
A diary with which you can force a date?

I'd be interested in that trick. Anyone know it?

Probably someone has to invent it first. Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8301 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have a Thayer cigarette box from the 30's that is gimmicked to vanish a card or message slip that can be fully examined afterwards.

I have a mug and Oriental tea cup that can be used everyday but are gaffed for Chop effects.

For years I wore a belt every day that was gimmicked in several ways, including carrying other gimmicks and gaffs.

There is a zig-zag finger ring designed for every,day use that allow one to palm a card or billet.

I once made a faux pearl necklace for my wife to wear the was gimmicked for C/R.

but, having thought of such things, might it not be easier to learn how to perform magic effects with everyday, common objects that are not gimmicked?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
32 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
Time Machine is the watch trick, it functions as a watch and a great trick.

I always carry it with me, natch, but you have to replace the battery much more frequently than a normal watch, and requires you explaining that the watch is special to whomever replaces the battery.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
215 Posts

Profile of debjit
Your mobile phone Smile
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
32 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
There is a great thread here about a Sven-pad. These are also really, really useful. I have a re-usable (you can erase it and re-use it).
The Gold Coin
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of The Gold Coin
A PK ring looks just like a ring.
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
32 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
Sven Pad is great. There is a “reusable” one that I picked up. If you use acetone you can erase the pages. I think they are made from stone or other non paper based material (yes there is stone paper, believe me).

This particular pad is very well made and the long and the short of it is, the divide is nearly undetectable.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8036 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Read Tarbell! Any book that has the basic principles.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Gimmicked everyday objects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL