The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Serial killer - Becker (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2259 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
I just received an order from the place we used to get these bills. The general consensus, that they are no longer available in the manner they were before, is true. There my be a few different work-arounds for the change, one of which I already shared in PM, BUT... they are definitely not the same as they used to be. That's about all I will share on a public page. Cest la vie. Glad that I put mine together when it was available.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2283 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, MichaelCGM wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2019, aligator wrote:
My understanding is that this is not easy to put together at all unless one is in the banking business? Would like some opinions on how this plays from anyone who is using it or has used it in the past?

I'm definitely not in the banking business and put it together quite easily. A trip to the bank is necessary, and an order placed with the US Treasury, but both are extremely easy. A second trip to the bank gave me the option of performing the routine with a different outcome. Still, one does have to put it together. I think the actual *putting together* took me about 30 minutes. I guess there could be an advantage to paying someone else for that.

Thanks for updating (your post above) where you say that "that they are no longer available in the manner they were before". It was definitely a set of mixed messages in this thread. Glad it seemed to simply be a case of people saying "oh, no problem" when they hadn't actually done it in almost a decade. Weird that things can change over that time.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2259 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, Lemniscate wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, MichaelCGM wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2019, aligator wrote:
My understanding is that this is not easy to put together at all unless one is in the banking business? Would like some opinions on how this plays from anyone who is using it or has used it in the past?

I'm definitely not in the banking business and put it together quite easily. A trip to the bank is necessary, and an order placed with the US Treasury, but both are extremely easy. A second trip to the bank gave me the option of performing the routine with a different outcome. Still, one does have to put it together. I think the actual *putting together* took me about 30 minutes. I guess there could be an advantage to paying someone else for that.

Thanks for updating (your post above) where you say that "that they are no longer available in the manner they were before". It was definitely a set of mixed messages in this thread. Glad it seemed to simply be a case of people saying "oh, no problem" when they hadn't actually done it in almost a decade. Weird that things can change over that time.

I still perform it regularly but, since I still use the same set, I was unaware of the changes at the source. However, it can still be squired from the original source but will simply take different audience management. I'm considering adding the tweaked routine as another option in my act. It allows for including more audience members than the original. Glad we're on the same page, though.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I have a few sets made up if interested pm me. The biggest issue is obtaining the 3rd set of bills.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
240 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
Reach out to Mark Strivings, he has the old type sets and is selling them.......they are awesome!!!!!
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I made several sets years ago. This is an awesome effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Serial killer - Becker (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL