The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Nielsen vanishing bottle - is this convincer effective? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share a little convincer I came up with for the Nielsen vanishing bottle. What you see in the YouTube performance is not how I’ve performed the trick for audiences. I’ve just always performed it using a very unoriginal presentation that lay audiences seem to really enjoy. This is just an attempt to come up with a slightly different presentation. I’m also not sure whether the little convincer using the bottle opener is an old idea? I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t. I’m not even sure it enhances the illusion or if I’m demonstrating a case of running when I’m not being chased! Anyway, I wanted to share the idea as I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone do it before. You can see it here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN6KHuqkJc
If you don’t think the convincer is convincing please let me know🙂 John
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
John

Well done. I thought it was very convincing.
Adding the "sound" of the glass bottle adds a nice layer to the effect.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I liked it.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Well thought out. Definitely adds to the effect. Thanks for sharing.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Very good! The tapping on the bottle with the opener is a great idea! Perhaps you can get some more ideas from here: https://www.magicnook.com/WizJournal/WJ-......eMiracle

Note that the bottle contains real liquid sodapop, and afterwards, when it reappears is filled up again with real liquid sodapop. I call it "Bottle Miracle" and it's in The Wizards' Journal #38.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Many thanks for the encouragement guys and I appreciate you pointing me to more ideas! I’ll keep trying to develop this routine.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Good idea, better then the idea in the booklet for sound when the bottle is set on a table. Good job.

You should offer that idea to a magic magazine so you have credit for your creation. Or sell the idea if it involves props.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Many thanks Bill!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I must say, this has revitalized my interest in my dust collecting Neilsen bottle. Thank you for the kick start. Would love to know more when/if you'd like to share. You are an example of why this place exits! Again, many thanks for your sharing.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
I really appreciate the encouragement stempleton!
o2b2b2
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of o2b2b2
Simple, but very effective! The rest of the routine gives you a reason for using the opener for the noise, so it’s well thought out.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Many thanks o2b2b2! Based on some feedback I’ll change the moment when I tap the bottle. I’ll try tapping the bottle as I mention the bottle. A few other minor tweaks and I’m ready to road test this in front of an audience the next chance I get🙂 Thanks again to everyone for taking the time! John
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Brilliant touches! Very entertaining. Even in the "know" from the start I said aloud "brilliant" and laughed at the end. It is a very creative used of misdirection!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Great job
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I use this effect in most of my children shows
combined with the appearing straw.Works really well togeatheri
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
That was great! How did you make the noise, or is that a secret?!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
PM sent:)
o2b2b2
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of o2b2b2
I’m not sure of the exact method either. It’s a great convincer without being obvious.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Great routine. Boy, you really get a lot of mileage out of that simple prop. I see a little Gregory Wilson influence there. Thanks for sharing.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
317 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
Loved it John!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Nielsen vanishing bottle - is this convincer effective? (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL