The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » TW, NW, etc. Pencil Hardness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Influence
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Influence
Hi there,

I'm new to all of this, and have been reading 13 Steps and PMM, and have a band w***er and a copy of NW Anthology (I read a lot) being delivered. I'm going to try making a b**n (I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be censoring here, sorry) to play with this weekend.

I have a question about the lead hardness of the NW. I've been reading a lot about this stuff, so I'm not sure where I read it, but I heard someone suggest that the lead hardness of the NW should be softer than the pencil that you used to write the prediction in, so it matches better due to differences in how hard you press when writing. I'm wondering if any of you give it any thought.

Either way, I'll play with it when it arrives, but I'm curious if there's any reason to do that, or is it the kind of thing no one is likely to pay attention to.

Thanks,
David
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
17639 Posts

Profile of IAIN
As you're starting, please take this in the way its meant...

Just enjoy yourself messing around!

OK it can cost a little more, but that far outweighs the benefits of messing around and enjoy exploring things...

Also, you might discover something brilliant and you'll feel great regardless...

A big part of the learning process is about testing ideas out... I use a 2b, for both things. Any Hs can be too feint. 2b or not 2b,that is the question...
DEVIL MAY CARE IS BACK!
http://tinyurl.com/y6n42gs2
Influence
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Influence
Thanks IAIN, No offense taken. I'm planning on messing around with this stuff, and I'm not too concerned about the hardness really.

I'm sure I'll figure out the answer on my own, but I was curious if that's the kind of detail others are worrying about.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
When it comes to NW my pencil is never hard. I just don’t get on with them.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
17639 Posts

Profile of IAIN
H leads will be harder to read in general and depending on paper, you might even rip depending on how you are holding the paper, what it is and so on...
DEVIL MAY CARE IS BACK!
http://tinyurl.com/y6n42gs2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » TW, NW, etc. Pencil Hardness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL