The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NOW by Mariano Goni (130 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Input method is everything in these apps.
The more innocent looking the better.

Even if this app can only do the one effect, featured in the video, if the input method is superior it will be a winner.

However, without that info we can't really tell if this is worth a punt or not.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
The promo vid is basically saying the input method is far superior to other magic apps like inject... this is a bold claim and I will be very interested to hear how good it is, the problem is that when these sort of claims are made then they really need to deliver. If this is as good as it looks, even if it’s a one trick pony I will definitely purchase it but I will never stop using Inject because I personally think that the routines I have put together using Inject are the strongest pieces of magic I will ever perform. I really do like the look of this product but I will not purchase something that I know zero about..... if the producers of this are a lot more open regarding the product and it turns out to be as good as it looks then it will do really well
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I'm worried about the justification of writing it down after they've revealed it.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I'm worried about the justification of writing it down after they've revealed it.

Really? Doesn't seem to bother all the great mentalists.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Well obviously I'm just stupid. Smile

Writing down for all the usual reasons we all know (and those great mentalists use) and then peeking, sure. Writing it down after it's stated (for those same reasons), of course.

But using pointing to identify something, *then* clarifying by writing it down after, and doing so in such a bold, clear and legible way so the input is accurate and dependable (if I understand the method correctly) I'd have to think about it a bit more. But they must obviously have it covered or not care as I do.

On the one hand it works better because you're using those reasons typically used (to verify, show others that can't see, change minds, whatever) to stay true to never saying anything out loud when you do write it.

But if (and this is a big if, I could be way off or over-thinking) the idea is to point to something vs say it out loud is due to showing it's not "some kind of voice activation", then for me, it tends to point to a method that I wouldn't feel I'd have to point out I'm not using. I'd be fine saying it out loud, their phone is used you could dispel that pretty quickly. And then there's the fact I'm not just quickly scribbling it in my horrible, but still legible handwriting for reference later.

But again, I may be overthinking it. Magician's guilt.
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, David Klass wrote:
Quote:

Really? Doesn't seem to bother all the great mentalists.

Because in their mentalism routines the spectator writes down the word. They don't reveal it to you, so you can write it down.

In this routine they have to point to an object (to eliminate the use of voice recognition). Then you as the magician write it down on a piece of paper, just before they turn over their phone and see the image there.

If this is "real magic", why would you do the step in between, writing down the chosen object? Why can't they just turn over their phone after pointing on it? Also why would you write the word like a five year old on the paper and not like a normal person would do. That's the lack of this trick Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Yeah, I think if writing down to confirm for all (if for no other reason) and show around decisively, then I'd normally scribble it quick and set it down after showing/confirming it vs what you seemingly need to do carefully here.

Writing to make it...work...and be certain as you'd have to do, I'm not bothered too much after thinking as you could extend that phase a bit. Write it, then maybe draw a picture of it, or a crappy one specifically to show why you wrote it (you're a bad sketcher), talk about personality readings, bs all day long, maybe even saying there are so many methods to influence, cajole or demonstrate "how those 'fake' readers use cold lines" as you analyze how *they* write the word themselves after you do it, but then in the end, return to the fact that none of that matters, because of course (here you gesture to their phone lying, untouched on the table), you already knew what they'd choose before all that. And that this trick is about knowing what's to come. To predict. And that's what you've done.

Then you blow their minds.

I can see myself liking this actually. Hopefully it's pretty accurate.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I guess you could skip the pointing part of the routine.

They think of something.
They whisper it to you to eliminate any thought of voice recognition.
You write it down for everyone else to see.
Reveal on phone.

Or

They think of celebrity/ object. They write the name down (you peek).
You read their minds and write down a prediction.
You reveal Prediction (baby gag/ bar code).
Kicker ending - they turn their phone over.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Wouldn't they point to an object, not saying anything, you write it down and show everyone and just say "is that what you're pointing to" so you don't verbally say it, they confirm, then reveal on phone
Abrakazam
View Profile
New user
Norway
12 Posts

Profile of Abrakazam
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, Greg Rostami wrote:
I'm very familiar with this method because it's a method that we had investigated when companies like Google and others were offering free software that used the c***** on the magician's phone.
Greg Rostami

But they say only one phone is used. Why, then, are you sure the c***** is used on the magician's phone?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I think he’s saying you use the c***** on the specs phone?
This is going to be an interesting one to watch.
I feel no rush atm.
(Plus, screw this pre order stuff. I’m still waiting on my Infinity Watch...)
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, Abrakazam wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, Greg Rostami wrote:
I'm very familiar with this method because it's a method that we had investigated when companies like Google and others were offering free software that used the c***** on the magician's phone.
Greg Rostami

But they say only one phone is used. Why, then, are you sure the c***** is used on the magician's phone?

It would be pretty clever if it was on their phone. I'd suspect there'd be a lot of crazy permissions granted for the site you type in to override, if such a thing we're possibly.

But more than likely, because you can purchase for Android or iPhone, it would seem to suggest it's not so much a web app versus tied to the purchasers phone.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

And again, as this is all pure speculation, if your phone was on the table set up, you could still fairly and legitimately claim it's not touched or in use.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
And again, as this is all pure speculation, if your phone was on the table set up, you could still fairly and legitimately claim it's not touched or in use.

Good point and I agree the performers phone must be in the vicinity.
Although this is very misleading:

"Only one mobile phone is used: your spectator's"
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I hope that Murphys will stand for originality and make a decision about this product.
Now or never: never!
mistervader
View Profile
New user
Manila
29 Posts

Profile of mistervader
It seems fascinating, but not exactly something that Inject doesn't already do, give or take a few improvisations.

Also not a fan of taking obvious swipes at Inject when if their product is good, it should speak for itself.
- Kel Fabie
Karas.D
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Karas.D
Sounds interesting.
I loved the performance but if this works with c*****, I wonder this app has any language restriction.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
If anyone has this I'd love to hear your opinion and thoughts about it.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

I second that. Who would like to order and let us know. It's available now and ready for you to tell us. Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
We should have a group fund for times like this lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NOW by Mariano Goni (130 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL