The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Doing the college market (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
For the last 7 years I've been experimenting with the college market. Took my camera with me to document what its like to be a traveling performer for college campuses.
Here's a quick vid I put together from my recent tour. Sometimes you get to perform at a huge state of the art auditorium, sometimes it is at a student ballroom, sometimes it is an activity room adjacent to the dining hall. To draw a crowd to your show, its also recommended that you do some quick close-up magic at dining halls prior to promote your show.

https://youtu.be/ELhCJrE70bk

The shows are always fun, but everything else that comes along with it is def. a hard grind.
Cheers Smile
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Enjoyed watching that!

Thanks,

Pete
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Very nice Nash. Liked it a lot! Thanks for sharing...
Sthyd
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Sthyd
I like that your performances are very lively and natural, everyone laughs. It's really very interesting to watch, thanks.

I would also very much like to know how to communicate with the public, but I am very shy. Although I studied at a psychologist, I wrote a lot of research papers with the help of thesis statement generator https://edubirdie.com/thesis-statement-generator, and with their help I prepared for speech, but I was too nervous. Maybe you have some secrets, how not to be afraid of the public?
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, Sthyd wrote:
I like that your performances are very lively and natural, everyone laughs. It's really very interesting to watch, thanks.

I would also very much like to know how to communicate with the public, but I am very shy. Although I studied at a psychologist, I wrote a lot of research papers with the help of thesis statement generator https://edubirdie.com/thesis-statement-generator, and with their help I prepared for speech, but I was too nervous. Maybe you have some secrets, how not to be afraid of the public?

Hey Sthyd. Thank you for writing.
Though I'm no expert in public speaking, I can only share my experience with you.
You are right, that there are ways to practice to not be afraid of public speaking.

To give you an example, when I first moved to the US, I was 14 years old and was terrified to stand in front of a classroom of 10 people to give a presentation.
here's the good news and bad news: Good news, it can be fixed, confidence can be built.
Bad news: It will take hard work and repetition. The key is positive repetition.
Have you tried something like a toastmasters club? You get to practice speaking in front of people in a supportive environment.
Baby steps, don't worry about trying to put together an hr long show. Try putting together a quick 5 mins act.

Positive repetition is the key. Experience will overcome stage fright.
I remember my first ever stage show, I was nervous as all heck and forgot my lines.
It can only be overcame by facing the fear straight on and try to take it down bit by bit, day at a time, one rehearsal at a time.

Cheers
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
That was a great vlog. Very fun to watch Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Doing the college market (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL