The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ What is it called??? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Yes its the best version imo, I will have to play around with it and work out a signed card routine with it but it looks incredible with the end result on their phone. I am thinking of getting the silver card signed as a memento then forcing the card doing a triumph routine with the standard reveal. Then say but you signed a blank / silver card as a memento and get them to check their phone. Or something like that , another good effect was an eyetest effect by Nick Einhorn and Craig Squires. Olly
McIntyreMagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn, NY
78 Posts

Profile of McIntyreMagic
Where did you get the signed card presentation info from? Didn't see an instructional code or link anywhere...
John McIntyre
My website: http://mcintyremagic.com
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Youíre correct there was no instruction itís purely my own thinking from the lack of a tutorial. I love the idea and thinks itís brilliant but would like other peopleís input particularly on the justification of taking a photo of a silver signed card or a blank Polaroid, thank you for any help. Olly
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Looks like all orders have been put on hold due to no stock of anything at this time.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
You have to be a tad careful of LED lighting showing the gimmick up in rare instances. The only reason I mention this is I have LEDs in my bedroom and when I got up this morning both my gimmicks were on the window cill, when I turned the lights on I just happen to notice I could see the reveal slightly on both gimmicks from side angle viewing.
Itís unlikeky to happen in performance but something to be mindful of nonetheless. Olly
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
I saw someone do the Black card version (same as I have). They used a black plain coloured deck and put the card inside the plastic cover on the deck, (not the correct word is it?).
They forced the card and asked the person to reverse their card and put it back into the deck. Therefore the performer stated smart phones now have an xray app! Worked a treat!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4644 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, I think performing it as the xray deck or inside of a wallet as Justin Flom did is the best way as they arenít even aware of the black card itself.

Thatís the problem I have with the mirror card version, itís such an unusual object. I mean what is it other than what it actually is?
Although I like the idea of them signing the mirror card version Iím just concerned that a lot of specs may figure that itís exactly what it is, a card that shows up by the flash of a camera. They may not know how their ďselectedĒ card showed up but it wonít matter because much of the mystery will already be lost.

Itís like that theory of Eric Mead's on P&T, if they figure out 10% of it, the other 90% doesnít matter.
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
313 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I agree about the how the card alone (either the mirror or black card) looks suspicious, or just another clever gimmick. I'm really liking the idea of having it inside the ID slot of a wallet. I purchased a couple of black cards, and one of the things I wanna try is taping it to the outside of a window at night.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, garyogden1957 wrote:
I saw someone do the Black card version (same as I have). They used a black plain coloured deck and put the card inside the plastic cover on the deck, (not the correct word is it?).
They forced the card and asked the person to reverse their card and put it back into the deck. Therefore the performer stated smart phones now have an xray app! Worked a treat!


Thatís the effect that Iíve ordered. It even come with the black deck of cards and case. Itís called X-ray deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ What is it called??? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL