The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lost cousin of Okito Box? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chucklerich
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
When I was a kid back in the seventies I got the magic bug. My parents decided, as so many do, that a magic kit targeted fof children was the answer. While I did enjoy some of the content, much of it I realized was the same tricks repeated...this made the set look great for the parents but was a big dissapointment for me. I kept my interest in magic, hlwever and fucussed my time at the library reading books on magic tricks, since the parents didn't mind opening their wallets for the occasional deck of cards.

After doing this a while I was apparently driving them buggers with constant shuffing. On an anniversary trip they went on my dad decided to fix this by buying me a coin box made of thin copper which fot a number of quarters (since I had kid hands) one thing special about this box the instructions informed me , was a rather large opening cut into the near bottom of the box to allow coins to slip completely through. The trick was to use this box to produce or place unlimited coins form or into the box. I was getting pretty good at this when one day I came home in a hurry and heard a very horrifying sound as I destroyed this thin walled copper prop.

Years later I learned of okit boxes and sondered if this was the box. I got on, nope, nice box, betfer made but not it. Then I heard of a slot bo . WOW, I thoughg, thos must be it. I got one, nice bit of kit that but it wasnt the box. Do any of you know what this one is called and where I can get one?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8344 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have not seen that, but you can get a metal cup with that slot that can handle a half dollar for a Miser Type routine and other effects.

Many online stores carry it. There used to be a glass-glass made the same way. Either would be more versatile than a small box of quarters.

If you get one, drop me a note and I'll send you a routine
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
chucklerich
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2019, funsway wrote:
I have not seen that, but you can get a metal cup with that slot that can handle a half dollar for a Miser Type routine and other effects.

Many online stores carry it. There used to be a glass-glass made the same way. Either would be more versatile than a small box of quarters.

If you get one, drop me a note and I'll send you a routine

Thank you, what is this coin box called(ie what terms should I use to search for it in google)?
chazk
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of chazk
The "Mikame Coin Box Set" has such a box in it together with one without the slot (or opening). These are a little taller than the usual Okito box and the lid only fits the top. The diameter of the boxes is too small for half dollars and slightly larger than a quarter. The slotted box is simply called the "trick box" in the instructions. They are silver and black. Do not know if they are still available. The lid of the trick box is also interesting.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8344 Posts

Profile of funsway
Try "Misers dream glass"

one source

https://www.magictrickstore.com/miser-dr......a7c82e9b
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lost cousin of Okito Box? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL