The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTC Project - Peter Eggink (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Great job Olly. Thanks for the email. So let me get this straight. This switch extends the Bty life to 12 hours. Is that correct? I thought it would extend to weeks if fully charged, like any other lithium bty In standby mode.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
It may Pegasus, I charged it fully 24 hours ago and did 10 drops and then turned it off.
Just now 24 hours later after turning it back on I just done another 10 drops, will turn back off for 24 hours and let you know what happens tomorrow. Olly
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks Olly, much appreciate your sharing your work on this.
To me, having a switch is nice but I don't really miss it. Even for walk around I'm not sure the switch would help too much or be that different in practice than just hooking it to a very small external battery. Some small advantages but either way you have to constantly remove and replace the lid every time.

But then again, you have to do that to reset anyway. That is why being able to reset the coin without removing the lid would be of tremendous benefit to me. So I would love to hear or see what you came up with to solve that issue. That problem seems much more difficult to work out.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I will show you this via email Videoman, however the switch is the biggest thing for me as it cannot do a rechargeable battery any good being constantly drained under the power it needs for the electromagnetic function being constantly on imo. Turning it off and then back on periodically when you reset which is a 2 second operation has to be better, I will email you my sleeve set up but my preference is a small magnet strategically placed in the can so it attaches to it during the dump out. That’s how I use it but like I say I will show you the lining method too, have fun it’s a great effect.
Peter will be making a V2 with a switch and other additions, Olly
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
I’m happy with what CTC is today and I have no plans to release a V2 anytime soon. Yes, this will evolve and when I think I have some solid and worthy updates, a possible V2 might see daylight in the near future. We did not implement an power switch for a reason so I’m still on the fence on this -for now enjoy your CTC unit Smile

That being said, I still have a very few units in stock from the second batch -if you want to grab yours before they’re gone check it out here:

http://www.ctcproject.shop/

Best,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks for the info Peter, and no worries, it is a tremendous effect how it is in its current form and any additions will just bring it even closer to that elusive perfection!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I will show you this via email Videoman, however the switch is the biggest thing for me as it cannot do a rechargeable battery any good being constantly drained under the power it needs for the electromagnetic function being constantly on imo. Turning it off and then back on periodically when you reset which is a 2 second operation has to be better, I will email you my sleeve set up but my preference is a small magnet strategically placed in the can so it attaches to it during the dump out. That’s how I use it but like I say I will show you the lining method too, have fun it’s a great effect.
Peter will be making a V2 with a switch and other additions, Olly

Thanks again Olly and I very much look forward to seeing it!
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
110 Posts

Profile of ckelley
Hi peter I had sent you an email as I have not been able to receive mine that was ordered at beginning of the month if you are able to send out ? The dhl tracking came back invalid.

Thanks again
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
It may Pegasus, I charged it fully 24 hours ago and did 10 drops and then turned it off.
Just now 24 hours later after turning it back on I just done another 10 drops, will turn back off for 24 hours and let you know what happens tomorrow. Olly

Looking forward to the results Olly.
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Hey all,

I need help: while removing the gimmick from the can I accidentally dropped the unit.
Luckily the electronic part is still working but the „tin part“ is totally damaged because the rim of it hit hard stone floor.
Any idea how to get a huge freaking dent out of the tin?
At the moment I don‘t want to try to disassemble the unit and to glue the electronic parts to a new „tin part“...
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Nikki78,

Use the edge of the coin to push the dent
back -works great.

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I emailed Pegasus with the results of my switch which is still going strong after 48 hours and 40 drops. I did another 10 drops after 36 hours so imo the switch is a no brainer if Peter ever releases a V2.
The battery supplied in the original version is more than adequate in my thorough testing, it’s an incredible effect and I highly recommend it to everyone.
Peter is also an amazing guy to deal with, Olly
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Just got mine.

I charged it for 2 hours, and then tested it.

It took about 4-5 hours for it to run out of charge. that's pretty good.

I am having trouble with one bit, the part when you want to get the coin back onto the gizmo,before doing the fake XXXX, I am finding it a bit difficult, any tips?

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, Peter Eggink wrote:
Nikki78,

Use the edge of the coin to push the dent
back -works great.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I‘ll give it a try
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Hi Alex-

Pretty easy -did you joined the CTC Facebook Group? Several options are shown one of them I talk about in the additional tips video. You can also drop me a line at:
p.eggink@gmail.com

Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Ok 72 hours have passed and my CTC with my added switch is still dropping the coin perfectly every single time with the top on fully and from the maximum range, I do 10 drops and turn it off for 24 hours. It was charged with the switch in the off position about 74 hours ago for 2 hours or so as Peter recommends and then 10 drops were done with the switch on, it was then switch off and 24 hours later switched on 10 drops performed then switched back off.
I then tried it the same at 36 hours out of curiosity same result 10 drops, then another 10 at 48 hours and now at 72 hours did 11 just to get over the 50 mark.
So 51 drops from one charge for 72 hours, who knows it may go on for another 72 hours but all I can tell you is you do not need no light indication as this will only use its power you just need a switch as unless you are trying to do the worlds longest ever gig and perform this more than 51 times to the same crowd it’s just not needed a switch though definitely is. If you pm me with your email I will tell you how to do it properly, many people have already.
Buy this effect it’s truly awesome Peter has created an absolute miracle here. Olly
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Fantastic work Olly. I applaud you. Smile Smile
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Thanks Pegasus, I love electronics and also making gimmicks particularly if it makes an effect easier or better. Olly
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Wow. Cool Olly. Wish I was able to do that. It would be so much better.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Mr Effecto I have re emailed you. Olly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTC Project - Peter Eggink (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL