The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTC Project - Peter Eggink (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5672 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
With a little more thought and brainstorming it would have been quite feasible to make the main gimmick detachable which could then be attached to different types of bases so as to make it much more versatile. And thus increasing its utility and usefulness many folds, hence making it a very useful prop for varied applications/effects. For example, the gimmick can then be placed inside a Card-Box so as to work like Mr. John Kennedy's 'Flight Deck'.

But that's just me and my thoughts . . . continue please. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3024 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree ! Yes I just noticed the reviews are positive I guess the dealers will soon have these available soon.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8968 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I sure hope so.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I bought the Seo magic coin to Coke a few years back at Blackpool and refined that gimmick. Not only is it their actual signed coin in the can at the end in a far more logical way imo, but with my refinements mean mine locks so it’s examinable to reasonably high degree.
I am sure this is great and it reminds me of John Kennedy’s flight deck in its method of arrival in the can. Olly
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3024 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Https://youtu.be/khyuxo-JPow Here is me performing the signed coin in soda a trick by Jimmy strange. Of course not similiar to the ctc project trick but still very effective.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8968 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very clean method Geoff. I enjoyed that.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5672 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Nice Deceptus performance. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3024 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks guys that's right Deceptus I forgot the name this was a few years ago . I never really used it only for this video going to dig it out now & start using it!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
PE's Facebook page suggests the official trailer will drop Monday at noon PST...with orders taken from there.

Looking forward to this one!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8968 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Great news. I’d forgotten all about this one.
castype
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of castype
I have high hopes for this one.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

My only reservation is the set up of the can. How staged does this have to be?

Is it easy to get out afterwards?

That's what would make it practical for my needs so would love to hear any insights on that.

Either way, it looks to be a great effect indeed.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
243 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Having had this demonstrated on me at Blackpool, the magic feeling I had when I felt the coin drop in the can was immense.

However, I didn’t buy it, as I couldn’t think of a single time when it would be practical to use this.
If only you could walk up to someone holding a can and do it!
Plus audience management on the handling on the can could be awkward,

Still, a great concept
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1256 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, TheBentos wrote:
Having had this demonstrated on me at Blackpool, the magic feeling I had when I felt the coin drop in the can was immense.

However, I didn’t buy it, as I couldn’t think of a single time when it would be practical to use this.
If only you could walk up to someone holding a can and do it!
Plus audience management on the handling on the can could be awkward,

Still, a great concept

Good points
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

^ that's just it. Not sure how practical it will be to quickly get into it with someone else's can.

Can you take a can from someone, empty it out, and set up CTC on the sly?

Not opposed to performing it with my own can already set up. Not saying that can't work, but just trying to gauge the practicality of getting in and out of it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8968 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’d like to know more before splashing the mooler down. Assuming the gimmick is internal, how on earth does it go in? Even more, how do you get it back out? I hope there’s more info to follow. I mean, it’s not as if we’re gonna be able to replicate the effect with sticky tape and dental dam.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
243 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Can’t do it with a borrowed can, and the spec can only hold the can as shown in the vids you’ve probably seen.
I’d be worried that an immediate reaction after the coin has “landed”, would be to then try to look inside and shake out the coin themselves
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3024 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Reading the postings about this I will definately pass on this one especially at 130.00 No way! just my opinion here.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8968 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2019, TheBentos wrote:
Can’t do it with a borrowed can, and the spec can only hold the can as shown in the vids you’ve probably seen.
I’d be worried that an immediate reaction after the coin has “landed”, would be to then try to look inside and shake out the coin themselves

wow. That’s gonna take audience management to the next level.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I don't have a problem with the borrowed can thing and I can think of a relatively simple thing you can do to prevent the spectator trying to shake out or tryst and do something with the can
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTC Project - Peter Eggink (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL