The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The two saddest words in the English language (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Yesterday I was making dinner for my wife and myself: slow-cooker pulled pork.

The recipe starts with chicken broth and two slices of bacon in the slow cooker. The pork is country-style ribs rubbed with a mixture of brown sugar, (smoked) paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. These are nestled into the cooker and cooked on high for about 4 hours.

Then come the fateful words:

Discard bacon.

I shuddered.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Tremble not - the new concept of "discard" is "repurpose."

What can one do with marinated and steeped fatback? The mind boggles!

Maybe find your old larding needle and tenderize a haunch of venison.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Yesterday I was making dinner for my wife and myself: slow-cooker pulled pork.

The recipe starts with chicken broth and two slices of bacon in the slow cooker. The pork is country-style ribs rubbed with a mixture of brown sugar, (smoked) paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. These are nestled into the cooker and cooked on high for about 4 hours.

Then come the fateful words:

Discard bacon.

I shuddered.

I agree those words should not exist in the English language. I had a shudder myself all the way here in Mexico!

Also interesting to me, but probably not so much to others is that you are the second friend of mine this week who is taking the time to cook pulled pork. (One of the things I truly miss about Branson Missouri. One of the BEST pulled pork places on the planet. Add to it a deep fried roll and you can actually hear your arteries harden as you eat it!)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The two saddest words in the English language (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL