The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Telepathy for Two (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
In Corinda's step 8, there is a ve**al c**e system by Walford Taylor to do a two person telepathy. I find this really fascinating, because it is entirely propless. I once watched such a performance some 40(!) years ago. Although it seemed pretty obvious that there was some ve**al c**e, the performance was astonishing.

Are there (still) people unsing this or similar? Maybe even here? What are your experiences?

BTW, Rudolf Braunmüller translated the c**e into German.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
There are great acts out there.. You probably won’t find this openly discussed until you are on the inner thoughts board.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Two person telepathy can be more than an act for two people working as psychic "sender" and "receiver", as I attempt to show in my new release of "Color Visionary" in The Wizards' Journal #38.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
In 1960, Arnold Furst visited our Magic Circle. We had become friends at a couple of PCAM Conventions since he readily mentored young magicians.

For one demonstration he asked me to leave the room and whispered six words to me on my way out. Otherwise we had no preparation or agreement.
I had no idea of what was about to occur.

While I was gone he had the group decide on a series of actions for me to perform. Similar to Helstromism but there would be no contact.
In this case the actions were for me to go to a table and set one of three books on an ashtray at another table.

I returned and performed these actions without any words being said or touching as he was across the room.

He had made me an "instant accomplice" with those six words and the confidence that I was going to do this (plus my knowledge of Helstromism)

What were those whispered instructions? Not in any book I know of. Why did he know I would follow his instructions? That is the real secret.
Why was he willing to risk his success on such instant prompting and trust?

My point is that such "two person telepathy" is rare - but not because of method or practice.

It also takes an audience who will support the demonstration. In a limited way, what Arnold and I did was real telepathy and not an act.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Thank you for your remarks. Just to clarify, I am particularily interested in mentalists using the aster*xed method that I mentioned (refer to Corindas book, pp. 240-249, if you are not familiar with it).
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Dan Harlan’s Speakeasy. Not the fanciest, but possibly the easiest c**e method you’ll find. The dvd does a wonderful job of showing just how versatile it can be to communicate only a few words.

Morgan and West have a new dvd out covering their solutions. I’ve not seen it, but others seem to like it.

Patrick
adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
Have any of these methods been adapted to other languages? German in particular...
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Not that I know of, but Speakeasy could be adapted fairly easily.

The biggest value of that dvd is that it shows how much can be communicated with a very limited c*de. Once you know the principle and see the examples, you can almost certainly adapt it quickly to German.

Patrick
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Annemann's "En Rapport" is a classic in mentalism.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Trevo91
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Trevo91
My wife and I perform 2 person Telepathy and We Love it. It is our favorite part of our show and our audiences are always completely speechless. I personally feel its one of the strongest effects in mentalism and when done properly it doesn't look obvious at all, in fact we have fooled some magicians who thought we were using electronics or gimmicked B****F***s!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Telepathy for Two (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL