The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New book from Steve Forte (133 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
Oh boy, Christmas is going to be a good one this year
lagoss
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of lagoss
I literally cannot wait...
jasonffx
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jasonffx
Please don't be too expensive
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, jasonffx wrote:
Please don't be too expensive

It'll be worth every penny, I am sure.
andrew_green
View Profile
New user
London
3 Posts

Profile of andrew_green
Exciting news! I'm looking forward to pre-ordering if that's an option Smile
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2362 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, andrew_green wrote:
Exciting news! I'm looking forward to pre-ordering if that's an option Smile

Of course you can pre-order. In fact I am handling all the pre-orders.

To be assured of getting a copy, fresh off the presses before the ink even dries, just send Cagliostro a money order for $1,495 and your order will be handled first. You will go to the head of the line and it should be a very long line.

For the real enthusiast, add another $500.00 to your order and we will include an autographed photo of Steve Forte holding a pair of dice in one hand and a deck of cards in the other.

Oh, just joking guys.

Smile
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
Please start pre-orders a few months before the Christmas Smile
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1656 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
For those wanting an update:

The book is essentially done, barring a few last-minute edits. I'd say it's 99% laid out, the cover is done, and there are only 2 chapters left to finish copy-editing. All of the full-size, high-resolution photos are in place. To be honest, Steve is mostly waiting on me to finish looking over the last 2 chapters. But...since I'm working through everything with cards in hand, it takes time. Still, it has to be done this way as I occasionally find small things that need to be corrected.

A website has been created but has not got live yet. Not sure if we'll do pre-orders or not, but you're looking at a roughly $300 - 350 price point, depending on where you live.

I can tell you this: I've spent the last 13 years practically living next door to Steve and have shuffled cards with him probably 200 times in that period. There's stuff in this book I've never seen before.

About every 50 pages or so I see something that makes me thing, "Well. I've been doing that wrong for 30 years."

It's pretty amazing to say the least.

I wish Rod, Johnny, and Ricky had lived to see it.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Thanks for such good report Jason. What a work of art and dedication this must be. What a friend Steve must be. To rub shoulder's with a legend and be a part of such a project is awesome. Thanks for the update and your friendship.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Peterson
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Peterson
Thank you for the update!
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Fantastic news! Looking forward to it.
jasonffx
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jasonffx
It is about time for me to buy this book
jasonffx
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jasonffx
Jason, just a suggestion. Is it possible to film the performances of the moves in the book? It may be easier to follow if there is are performances for the moves taught.
CARDTALK
View Profile
New user
Phoenix Arizona
24 Posts

Profile of CARDTALK
Really looking forward to buying a copy or two Jason. I for one really appreciate the updates. It seems like a pre-2020 release is more than likely. I will keep coming back sporadically for any updates.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1127 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Jason,
Many thanks for the update. Really appreciated. It really does sound like an extraordinary project and feels a privilege to be able to buy such an important ground breaking book.
Best wishes,

Paul h
pf70ds
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of pf70ds
Jason, it would be great if you list a table of contents of the books on the new website for when the books are ready to be ordered ( or maybe before Smile .Thanks MiIke
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
764 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
I have to chuckle at some go the comments in reaction to this new book coming out. I know we can't expect everyone in our "fraternity" to realize or understand how lucky we are to even have the possibility of Steve sharing his knowledge with us in book form.
There is NO ONE producing ANYTHING (whether it be books or video) right now that even comes close to what he can offer us.
It's natural to ask about things before making a hefty purchase or to suggest things like splitting it up into smaller volumes etc. (I guess)... but I just can't help but think that if you need to ask about the table of contents, or ask for supporting videos, than this book may not be for you (as elitist as that may sound... it's really true). The mere existence of this book will affect our little fraternity of sleight of hand enthusiasts the same way a visit from an advanced alien civilization that offered to share their technology would affect the earth. I for one will not be looking this gift horse in the mouth.
pf70ds
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of pf70ds
THe table of contents was only meant to review and look forward to . The purchase of the set of books is a given regardless . It is true, it is Steve Forte .
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
It’s probably par for the course to see this kind of giddy anticipation ... although I could definitely do without the “giddy” posts ... there’s little doubt that the book will bring out all kinds of buyers - from kids suggesting SF record every move on video so they can “understand it better”, to long time members of this forum who will recognize the importance of his choosing to publish some of his closely held work from outside of game protection.

Probably his swan song, it’s a good thing that his work will cement SF’s importance to the broader world of card work beyond game protection ... he certainly deserves to sell as many copies as he can possibly print.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
764 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Typo correction...
could some one with the ability to edit be having a "go" at me?

Quote:
On Oct 13, 2019, The Dowser wrote:
I have to chuckle at some of the comments in reaction to this new book coming out. I know we can't expect everyone in our "fraternity" to realize or understand how lucky we are to even have the possibility of Steve sharing his knowledge with us in book form.
There is NO ONE producing ANYTHING (whether it be books or video) right now that even comes close to what he can offer us.
It's natural to ask about things before making a hefty purchase or to suggest things like splitting it up into smaller volumes etc. (I guess)... but I just can't help but think that if you need to ask about the table of contents, or ask for supporting videos, than this book may not be for you (as elitist as that may sound... it's really true). The mere existence of this book will affect our little fraternity of sleight of hand enthusiasts the same way a visit from an advanced alien civilization that offered to share their technology would affect the earth. I for one will not be looking this gift horse in the mouth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New book from Steve Forte (133 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL