The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Mini Review] Cubic by Francis Menotti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of Maxy
It is Rubik cube,magic square and card prediction in one routine (plz see full performance video).
- The routine is fantastic and will engage many spectators at the same time.
- Very easy to do, no difficult slight of hand, the spectators will do the most work, only you will do 2 or 3 easy moves in the offbeat.
- The gimmick is very good quality and very deceptive, I took the cube in my hands and I couldn't see the gimmick!. In the trailer Mr. Francis also shows the gimmick openly and said (you look at the gimmick right now!).
- The quality of the cube is not good, sometimes the plastic parts can pop out while mixing, to avoid long handling from the spectators better to begin with a mixed cube.
- Very rare these days to see full performance trailer, I always appreciate the honest trailers and full performances.
- The instructional video is very informative and covers everything you need to perform.
- You can not repeat the same trick to the same audiences 2 times because it has only one outcome, I hope if they sell different outcomes in the future as refills.
- You have different presentations for this effect (prediction effect, coincidence, card effect ,magic cube...) , it is easy to come with your own presentation.
I like this effect very much and I like the thinking of Mr. Francis in this effect, I highly recommend it , just I hope there will be versions with better cube and different outcomes.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of Maxy
This effect is currently on sale on The Magic Warehouse website, go quickly and grab yours before they're sold out!.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3223 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, Maxy wrote:
This effect is currently on sale on The Magic Warehouse website, go quickly and grab yours before they're sold out!.

No thanks as it's not very well made.
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of Maxy
The 15 bucks sale price makes it no brainer for me.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3223 Posts

Profile of warren
Even at that price if the thing comes apart when the spectator mixes it up means it's destined for the magic drawer as I'm all about quality when working for the paying public and not cheap props that don't cut it...... it wasn't a bad idea but they made a mistake skimping out on the quality.
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of montgomerymagic
Update....I just bought one from the Magic Warehouse for $20 and I find the cube to be easy to mix with no issues of coming a part. I'm no rubik's connoisseur but I'm very happy with my purchase.
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of montgomerymagic
For those who have invested in Cubic and use the Double Blank playing card method here is a link to something I'm using instead of the Double Blank Playing Cards. You can use a regular sharpie marker for their signature and then you can simply wipe away the signature with some rubbing alcohol after your done and your ready to go again.

Apostrophe Games Dry Erase Blank Cards (Poker Size) (48 Cards) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4D8ITK/ref......Ns9j4V8t
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you for the link!
If you mix the cube slowly it will not pop out, just don't treat it like speed cube.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Mini Review] Cubic by Francis Menotti (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.8 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL