The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Mint-O by Liam Jumpertz (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
A COMPLETE sellout sensation at Magic Live and Blackpool!

Imagine the scene: when traveling to Australia, we saw a young man performing a FANTASTIC street show. And amidst the classics, he did something we had NEVER seen, and the crowd went crazy - a range of emotions, from screaming to covering their eyes to laughing to silently dazzled.

Consider these important points:

• Mint-O is performed with a borrowed mint
  • There are no angle restrictions
  • You can use headphones, a necklace, or any thin cord
  • You'll even learn a version where you can hand the mint out at the end!

The magician borrows or has examined a set of headphones, and pops an examined mint (Lifesavers, Polo) in his mouth. Then, biting down for an instant on the length of headphones, the mint is now PENETRATED onto the cord. It's as if someone crossed an impossible puzzle with a magic trick... and it's fantastic!

Mint-O has the same qualities as Needle-Swallowing but is much quicker and more palatable to family audiences. It uses the mouth in a hilarious and unexpected way. The effect is easy to learn, easy to perform, and has NO restrictions in terms of angles, repeating, making anything, or props wearing out. You supply your own package of mints and can then perform the trick ANYWHERE: on stage, in the street, or walking around.

Gimmicks included. Online video instructions.

More information: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61198
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
135 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
There's nothing more gratifying than putting a stranger's headphone cable in your mouth.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, Dave the Knave wrote:
There's nothing more gratifying than putting a stranger's headphone cable in your mouth.

Actually, I believe there is - you can also do this low and behind your back . . . kinda a wipe instead of a suck . . . and the spectator gets a payback!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I bought this at Blackpool a year ago but the clients I perform for donít tend to have head phones on them . I tried it taking my own headphones along but it didnít get the reactions I thought it would. Itís more for the casual off beat street performer / busker if you spot a youngster with headphones imo. Olly
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
746 Posts

Profile of dduane
The trailer has "interesting" editing. I doubt it is as straight forward as shown.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
The trailer cannot be the whole truth because the way it presents there it is magic!
What are we missing?
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Yes every time "the move" is done there is an edit! I hope there is more to this than the age old methods that are already out there.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1311 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I would hazard a guess at rubber polo with a slit in it, hope itís not though
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
They say you can have the spec buy mints at the store so what if not a polo? Also they say magi never touches mint. So how do we ring in the "rubber" and I've never before . . . oh nevermind . . .
byronblaq1
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of byronblaq1
Iíve seen the creator of this perform this effect in person and can say that no unusual work goes into the effect.

Not to sure why the trailer was pieced together the way it was? A full demo would have been nice. Fooled me when Liam showed me.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Liam has a release and it would be great for him to arrive here and start sharing with the clan. We talk and it drives sales, if the gaffus is good . . .
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
I would hazard a guess at rubber polo with a slit in it, hope itís not though

Thatís exactly what itíll be. Iíve got a couple myself.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I bought this at Blackpool a year ago but the clients I perform for donít tend to have head phones on them . I tried it taking my own headphones along but it didnít get the reactions I thought it would. Itís more for the casual off beat street performer / busker if you spot a youngster with headphones imo. Olly

Good Point and letís face it more and more phones now only work with Bluetooth headphones

So the life of this trick will be very limited

This will be in the Murphyís bargain bin within 6 months
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Although the gimmick is worth having in your arsenal, as you can as easily do the linking polo / lifesaver effect, which is better imo.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
You can start and end clean with this as the gimmick is placed with your tongue between your gum and your top teeth . At the end you bite off the evidence by eating the real polo and rehousing the gimmick in your gum . Itís not hard but as Pegasus says neither is the original using a shuttle pass or even a quiver wallet and some super glued polos. Olly
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I agree with Olly but still feel the point is the video is deceptive.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
746 Posts

Profile of dduane
Seems to me that there is a way (which would explain the edits) to do this with borrowed mints and no gimmicks. Think ring on rope. Not saying that's their method.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2536 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It is exactly what you think it is.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
It's a great idea, similar to what Dave came up with on his Loosley Lowdown a number of years ago.
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Loosl......ts-.html

Regards

Peter
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ben Williams Linko is worth getting if youíre in the UK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Mint-O by Liam Jumpertz (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL