The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Mint-O by Liam Jumpertz (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Love that Peter is chiming in here. Dave's version is great and was revolutionary when it came out. And the marketing was FAIR and HONEST like all things I see from Mr. Nardi.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thank you Pegasus, appreciate the shout out 🙏🙏🙏
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
Looks like a nice alternate to Choke by Sean Fields on the Saw DVD. (Mint on string through throat)
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9166 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2019, Nechto wrote:
Thank you Pegasus, appreciate the shout out 🙏🙏🙏

Youíre welcome. Itís a great effect.
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
And by the way - Justin Flom performed a set on Ellen consisting of overstuffed, linking mints, and choke with headphones on the Ellen show.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdshxjIohg
I imagine Mint-O could be used with the same sort of combination.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, PhilJake wrote:
And by the way - Justin Flom performed a set on Ellen consisting of overstuffed, linking mints, and choke with headphones on the Ellen show.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdshxjIohg
I imagine Mint-O could be used with the same sort of combination.

I just watched the vid for this they credit Justin flom in fact the credit section is really well researched.

Iím waiting for my gimmicks to arrive hopefully tomorrow. Iím hoping to put in my parlour bar set itís a place I practice new material.

The teachings very good the effect good Iím currently working on a sweet routine with polos so this will be a nice beat in the routine Iím working on.

Iím looking forward to working this.

Kind regards

Kieron
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Thanks for the info on the teaching section! Appreciated!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
$25 for a putting out a different spin on an old trick?? Think I will pass on this one, already have Magic Mints and another linking mint effect. Not sure I would want to put someone else's headphone cord in my mouth. Sure you could hand the mint out afterwards but would have to break it, to get it off the cord since it wouldn't fit over the earbud, unless Polo's are really that big??
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Polo's are lifesaver size. I'm waiting for the new Torn and restored in your mouth toilet paper I hear is coming out. Want to pair it with my card to sealed condom (it's really a trick . . . even comes with refills at Murphy's) and Goshman's dildo in my Kid's birthday party set. We don't give kid's enough credit these days. They all have cell phones by the time they are 5 so these are totally appropriate and as long as I move to a new state after every show, I should be able to do this act for months. Then I can just put on my tails and do the same high class set for my corp clients too . . . I just added a little pin to a standard Tampon by the way and can now do the rising tampon because everyone wanted to examine the pen and the voodoo doll when those rose. . . . . WHAT are we becoming???? What performer wants to put a stranger's earpod cord in their MOUTH and what audience wants the lipped and dripping headphones fresh out of a stranger magician's mouth back in their ears and around their neck? THIS WHOLE THING IS GROSS! (IMHO)
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 28, 2019, StarManager wrote:
Polo's are lifesaver size. I'm waiting for the new Torn and restored in your mouth toilet paper I hear is coming out. Want to pair it with my card to sealed condom (it's really a trick . . . even comes with refills at Murphy's) and Goshman's dildo in my Kid's birthday party set. We don't give kid's enough credit these days. They all have cell phones by the time they are 5 so these are totally appropriate and as long as I move to a new state after every show, I should be able to do this act for months. Then I can just put on my tails and do the same high class set for my corp clients too . . . I just added a little pin to a standard Tampon by the way and can now do the rising tampon because everyone wanted to examine the pen and the voodoo doll when those rose. . . . . WHAT are we becoming???? What performer wants to put a stranger's earpod cord in their MOUTH and what audience wants the lipped and dripping headphones fresh out of a stranger magician's mouth back in their ears and around their neck? THIS WHOLE THING IS GROSS! (IMHO)

Personally I wonít be borrowing headphone from a audience mainly because there not likely to have them on them.

If they do then itís a judgment call at that point.

Magic is very much a style choice also some effects fit. I would do this at a corporate gig but because it fits my personality.

The gimmicks came today the quality of the mints look amazing if yo do the original then these mints are a great replacement for those.

So really like the new version will use this and probably mix it with the old version
And my own version.

Kind regards

Kieron
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Good to know your take on the quality of the mints, Kieron. Thank you!
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I have a brand new one for sale if anyone wants it in the UK, itís in mint condition 😉 so please pm me. Olly
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Olly I heard yours is broken on one side?
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
True, Olly lol
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
;-)

But a GOOD broken!
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Yeah perfectly broken and for sale. Olly
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 1, 2019, StarManager wrote:
Good to know your take on the quality of the mints, Kieron. Thank you!

Your welcome .

Performed this tonight I like it a lot Iím going to buy another set as a spare.

I mainly did it with my ear phones I did perform it with a borrowed pair as well very strong

Kieron
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Kieron - first thanks for your review of this as a worker. Second, thanks for validating the habit I also have of purchasing spares. I have like three or four of tons of things going back years. I feel like I may never get it again! I thought I was crazy and the few magician friend I have think I'm nuts for getting at least doubles on the things I love. You made my night!
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Thatís me nuts too then Star Manager lol. I have 6 little door gimmicks, Olly
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Olly I bought 5 total! I am petrified I will wear out, rip or in any way not have a perfect matching deck! Too funny. I even have dupes of Todd Lassen Coin Sets I use. I label them all. I have two uncirc and two soft morgan sets of some of my favorites. It's expensive. But gives me that safe warm feeling. Don't get me going on disposables. If I stop writing here one day uyou guys know that my house went up in a super nova of flash paper . . .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Mint-O by Liam Jumpertz (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL