The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What trick is this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ContrarianElk
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of ContrarianElk
Hello people

I was watching Dani DaOrtiz perform a routine for some magicians at a convention (link: https://youtu.be/BHYiIcjNdAs) and he did a trick with the aces that looks like some sort of twisting the aces variation. Performance starts at the 6:52 mark. I understand he does a lot of improvisation in his work, but I was wondering if someone knew if this was an actual routine, as I believe I’ve seen something of this manner before. Specifically, the aces turning over one by one unti they’re all facedown in a “twisting the aces” fashion. Any help with this would be appreciated!

Daniel Camp
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
461 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
This link works much better... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHYiIcjNdAs

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Hi there. Thanks for posting the routine. It’s a really great twisting the Aces routine. I see that the transposition at the end is from a Bebel routine at the beginning of Fat Brothers Vol 1. That’s a really cool piece of magic too. As for your question, there is a very nice Twisting the Aces routine that goes from face up to face down at the end of Aldo Finale E-book. It is called Twisting Around and it is by Francesco Mattiello. I can’t remember having seen The above routine by Dani in print, but it’s pretty standard moves. It’s performance is what makes it stand out.
ContrarianElk
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of ContrarianElk
Ok, thank you both! You have been very helpful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What trick is this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL