The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Do you carry cards? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I love going through threads here, since I only do casual, amateur magic. Smile

It seems a lot of people carry a deck of cards with them almost everywhere.

I've tried that a number of times, thinking it would be cool/useful, only to quickly find that it ends up being uncomfortable (I only wear jeans), or the cards get damaged, or the cards get in the way of my keys, wallet, phone etc which I have to carry on me.

Do people here still carry a whole deck of cards on them, and practically how do they do it!? Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3015 Posts

Profile of warren
I nearly always have a deck of cards with me that have a couple of elastic bands around the box so I can throw in a couple of routines with the elastic bands too.

When I go out as I'm in the UK the weather isn't exactly scoring hot so I have a jacket and the cards etc are in my jacket pocket, I always have an old beat up deck of cards in my works van too.

Another thing I carry everywhere is a JOL hip wallet which means not only can I do the obvious with it but I can also make a borrowed ring or signed coin etc appear in there at a moments notice with not set up or get ready required.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1968 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I have decks in the various messenger bags and backpacks I tend to take with me but I don't generally take a deck with me on a daily basis. If I do, it's in a tuck case in the front left pants pocket.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3264 Posts

Profile of Julie
You might consider carrying a mini-deck (half the size of a poker-size deck). These take up a lot less space in a pocket or purse and give you a cutesy opening line, "...would you like to see a >little< card trick?" Smile

You can still carry rubber bands around the box and standard sleights are just as easy or easier with this size. Switching for a prearranged deck is a breeze, too!

Julie
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
The idea of a using a mini deck is interesting, but I wonder if even that might prove a bit bulky for a jeans pocket which already has stuff in it. Guess there's only one way to find out Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I don’t have one but I do have other JOL items which are top notch.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......lt-loop/
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
54 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
I normally have a small yellow plastic box on me with a Svengali deck, a deck in the Si Stebbins stack order with a duplicate card, a folding quarter,
and gimmicked three card monte cards. Since the cards are protected by the plastic box, they stay in relatively good condition. I get a good 15-20 minutes with my 'kit'.
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
chosen1
View Profile
New user
lots of places
38 Posts

Profile of chosen1
Hello Terrible Wizard, (that feels rude. LOL)

I usually wander around the world with a messeger bag that has all my various everyday "needs" inside, including a Joshua Jay Procarrier Deluxe (a valid improvement on an already great product.) It's small and carries pretty much all of my walk around material.

When I'm not loaded up with laptops, notebooks and such I do occasionally carry a deck of cards with me. I've found a cardclip to be a lifesaver here. Not only does it protect the deck, but because it's smooth and metal it makes getting it out of my pocket a bit easier. I travel pretty light so I can put the deck in my left front pocket where I also put my phone and have plenty of room. My other pocket has my wallet and keys and that's about it.

Card clips come in a huge variety and you can definitely find one that fits your style.

Good luck!
Brandon.
We should all be in a constant state of wonder
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1561 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
NO
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
210 Posts

Profile of debjit
I always carry a deck. And if you don't have pocket space, you can always carry mini cards... They're very cute!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Do you carry cards? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL