The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Going to try using a str*pper deck (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
27 Posts

Profile of notasperfectasyou
Hi Jim, yes I would be interested to know what your suggestion is. I'm open to anything at this point. I am still working on doing to complete deck separation, but I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to do it reliably. Thank you, Ken
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
281 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
PM sent, Ken.

Jim
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
27 Posts

Thanks Jim. Appreciate the PM. Does not look like that is an available option any more, but I have a solution, sort of.....

I halved the cards and I'm practicing with 13 and 13 and I can get this strip 9 out of ten times. At least practice is not feeling like an uphill battle. I'll work with this smaller number of cards and as I feel more confident, I'll add some more.

I don't think this effect requires me to use a whole deck, so even if I can get confident with 38-40 cards, I think I can make the experience work out nicely. I'm also thinking, by leaving room in the box, I can combine this with another boxed trick I bought - Anomaly, which is only about 5 cards. So I could put both in the box and do Anomaly first and then do the oil and water and finish with this deck separation.

Look, I strung some magic together!
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
281 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Ken, while the exact deck I used seems to be hard to get hold of these days, there should be other, similar decks available. Although, admittedly, it's not something I've recently looked for.

Jim
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
27 Posts

Thanks Jim. I'm feeling a little better. I have corn starched my stripped deck and I'm doing pretty well now with splitting up 13 and 13 cards. This is really helping me feel better about it and I'm working to get my finger pressure just right. It will take practice, but at least it doesn't feel hopeless any more. Gracias, Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Going to try using a str*pper deck (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL