The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Marketed Table Hopping Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
In your opinion what is the Best Marketed Table Hopping Effect? thanks.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Besides a deck of cards, some coins and some rope, I'd vote for Side-Swiped. It gets unbeliveable reactions, it's a give-away type of effect and it is not too hard to perform.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
$100 Bill Switch
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Multiplying Rabbits, no comparison. It is the greatest for Table Hopping.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Professor's Nightmare, hands down. I've performed this more than 7,000 times to consistently great reaction.
You start clean, you finish clean, and it's great magic; what more could you want?
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Sponge Bslls - Quite simply a classic of magic.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Notice how everyone has mentioned something different? There's no such thing as "the best" for everyone.

My Professor's Nightmare routine sucked, so I stopped doing it. I'm sure Peter Marucci's routine is great. On the other hand, there are effects I perform to great reaction that I've seen fall flat when performed by others.

If you're looking for what will play best for you, asking others what plays best for them won't necessarily help.
Chris Toomey
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
56 Posts

Profile of Chris Toomey
It depends on the situation, as with most everything. I personally have gotten great reactions from couples with Anniversary Waltz by Doc Eason and Red Sea Passover by Aaronson. For families with youngins, I have found sponge balls and Star Gazer (rubber band trick) with some other rubber band material to go over well. Everyone seems to like card on ceiling, I do the Michael Ammar version specifically. I wouldn't say there is one best trick for table hopping, because I likewise wouldn't say there is only one type of audience encountered while table hopping.
So those are some of my ideas.

Chris
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I know when I table hop every Tuesday I am asked to do my sponge rabbit rouitne.I tell them they seem it 10 times and they still want to see it.
I think anything done in the hands get a great reation.
Shawn D
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Short, easy to follow, happens in spectators hands
Think what fits that and you might have a good beginning
Personally for me
Sponge Balls and a few select props that give laughs
Sideswiped is great also
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Good point by Larry Davidson; not every trick is for every performer.
By trial and error you will find out what is best for you (and only you). Go with that.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
There is starting to be a trend here. Sponge routines seem to be a good place to start. If we were looking for a staple of Table Hopping Magic, Sponge Routines would IMO be in the top 5.

Jered
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
clivealive
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of clivealive
Jiggernaut is a very nice routine easily carried in your pocket.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mini Chop cup,
Skinner's Monte,
The ever faithful TT

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Something just came into my creative thought process.

Does anyone walk up to a table and grab a bit of food, like a fry, or a piece of brocolli and DO A TRICK WITH IT?

The line I use to "steal" a fry is I look at one on someone's plate, pick it up and say, "I think this one is flawed... let me check." I take a bite then say, "No, it's OK, want it back?" Then eat the rest of it.

GO LAKERS

OK you walk up with a styrofoam cup... say, "I'm thirsty..." Pick up someone's water glass, pour it into your cup (slush powder ready). Quickly turn it over and put it onto your head mouth down.

Now you look like you are in trouble... buy you say, "Hey, I'm a magician... watch."

Lift cup, no water... on with the show.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
How about the time-honored "...did anyone loose a white pocket knife? I asked those folks at the other table, but they said the one they lost looked like this black one.." And on and on Smile
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
I agree with Brother Davidson, but for me it's always been Color Monte, A Deck of Cards, Sponge Balls or Rabbits, and the TT.

Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Anything with sponge...it's light, easy to carry, and gets the spectators involved as much as possible.

I used to do a sponge ball routine, but then discovered 3d rabbits (Ammar) and have never looked back!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You will never top magic in their hands. It doesn't have to be songes-it can be coins or cards. If they change in their hands under impossible conditions-you ahev a miracle!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Peter.
You using standard patter to professors?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Marketed Table Hopping Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL