The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Marketed Table Hopping Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicmanx
View Profile
New user
Working in Benidorm Spain
47 Posts

Profile of magicmanx
I have never failed to get a wow factor with "Twisted Sister." I love that effect. Also for anyone who performs it, take the cards from a blue backed deck and a red backed deck. It improves it 200% more than taking out the cards from a wallet.
ksalaz1
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of ksalaz1
Sponge bunnies get the greatest reaction from the restaurants I work at. Twisted Sisters is very good, but often the reaction is stunned silence, which is good, but I prefer effects that cause a little bit of noise, so the owners hear the fun and the other customers want to be next on the circuit.

Ksalaz
"Master of the Obvious"
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
How bout doing Color Monte for walkaound.....great climax and easy reset .....as well as Stolen Card(Rainbow Deck)...with gambling story...and lets not leave out the most ordinary objects that can fool people.... a Coin Flurry with jumbo coin climax....or RUBBERBANDS...my favorite....all of these are examinable...
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
freddyz
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of freddyz
I've read this thread with interest and want to throw in an observation I've discovered over many years of doing strolling magic.

We often hear the admonishment "Presentation is Everything." This is certainly true, but the key element of "presentation" is the "presenter." (That would be you.)

Tricks must be regarded as secondary. The most important thing about performance--and especially the performance of magic--is the rapport you create with your audience FIRST. This can be done in 20 seconds for the strolling magician, or in 5 minutes depending for the stand-up performer, depending on your venue. However, it has become cealr to me that you MUST build a strong relationship BEFORE the magic happens--a relationship that assures the audience that you are not a THREAT to their enjoyment of the evening and that you may actually ADD something interesting to it.

I've lost count of the times that I've recieved the comment, "I normally don't like magic, but I just love the stuff you did!" I'm sure most of you here recieve this compliment as well. Is it because your magic is THAT much better than anyone elses? Come on, be honest.

No, the reason they said that is because they primarly liked YOU and secondarily were entertained (and fooled) by what you did.

People at large harbor some pretty awful pre-concieved notions of what magic and magicians are all about. And even when they DO see good magic, they will soon forget this good experience or count it as a fluke rather than the norm.

Bill Goldman once made the observation that when you hear someone say "You're the BEST magician I've ever seen!" you should translate that into the REAL statement, "You're the most recent magician I've ever seen!"

In a nutshell, if they don't like YOU, they won't like what you're doing. Period.

And so, if you are an engaging, personable person and don't insult the intelligence of the audience, you will already be ahead of the game. Now add some fun and engaging Magic--whatever works for you, from sponge bunnies to the center tear--and you're all set.

Fred Zimmerman
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hi,

Ring Flite gets my vote, every time. Its great and it kills.

TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Sponge balls, and the chop cup.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Marketed Table Hopping Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL