The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Intuition Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Ballew
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
105 Posts

Profile of Brad Ballew
Still a work in progress and not the best performance. I tend to over think things when I'm on camera.

It's a card effect that has the spectator select a random card from a shuffled deck and then discover its suit and value using their intuition.

This can be done hands off with the spectator doing all the shuffling and procedure. However, for the sake of moving things along at a reasonable pace, I did most of the handling.

Would love to hear some feedback!

https://vimeo.com/320368100/6d3c842bd0
HeronsHorse
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
207 Posts

Profile of HeronsHorse
I think it is quite long ... probably seemed longer due to your not really talking through each section. The effect itself is good imo, but it really needs better performance! You gave no real motivation behind the turning over and messing around with the cards. It seems that you only messed with them because you had to, ie. like any mathematical trick. I think this could be brilliant if it were given a boost in showmanship and energy! Along with motivation for all the card handling!
The effect alone, the mechanics of it and the ending?
Very nice! I like it.
Quote of the Month
Those who think that magic consists of doing tricks are strangers to magic. Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained."
- S.H. Sharpe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Intuition Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL