We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin from (my) Ear (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Someone mentioned in a recent post that pulling a Coin from a Kids ear was the best trick out there.

I couldn't agree more.

However, sometimes there just ain't any Munchkins around.

So...I just pull a coin from me own ear. Seems to work well. Shades of Mickey. No originality claimed Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neE0qyeWMTc

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8400 Posts

Profile of Mb217
When you can do it like that, who needs kids...Just excellent! Smile

Oh, and I'm sure Mickey Silver would be quite humbled to see such wonderful work...Truly looks like magic! Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thank you for the kind words Marion.
I find sometimes the visual/easy to understand efects work very well.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5280 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Very well done! I haven't seen that done that well since Mickey Silver's routine.

Thanks!

Jim
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8400 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Max T. Oz wrote:
Thank you for the kind words Marion.
I find sometimes the visual/easy to understand efects work very well.

They work best, IMHO.

I have seen many wonderful coin routines but very few any better than that :43 seconds of pure magic. Smile In not saying a single word, you said it all, and believe me everyone that sees it will hear you loud & clear. Smile Again, great job there!
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Zauberman
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
WOW! I think you might really be eating that coin LOL.
Some really awesome posts recently by magicians on this forum that raise the bar. This is one of them.
I've watched this over and over and can't help but smile everytime. Very well done!
Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Very nice. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Awesome!
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Congrats!

Looks really good! You are definitely on Mickey's level with this, and I love that you took it beyond his original routine and added your own touches which I feel are improvements.
Ironjim
View Profile
New user
Northern Ca
51 Posts

Profile of Ironjim
Looks great. very clean, and all around fun. Thanks for sharing.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3618 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The routine is done well, and I especially like the large coin production at the end. I am torn however, by using some of Mickey's signature moves. Mickey does his routine professionally, and has not released his routine to the public. So I would be uncomfortable if this routine was also done professionally, without permission from Mickey Silver.
NEW MANUSCRIPT - TWILIGHT ZONE WILD COIN. All New!! As seen on Penn and Teller Fool Us! PM for details!
Rattle purse 2.0 now available! PM me for details!
New FOUR hour Penguin Live lecture TWO with 23 NEW routines, available for download at: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7338
Penguin Live lecture One is THREE hours long, and contains 18 coin effects! Available as a dvd or download from Penguin at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5960
New York Coin Magic Seminar dvd series available for download at: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/magic-dvds/new-york-coin-magic-seminar-downloads/
NEW!! At The Table 2 hour lecture download OR DVD containing 11 routines, including THREE never taught before! Download and dvd avaliable at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22380 or http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22833
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
That is beautiful.

(I also have a fondness for people who work silent, or mostly silent. Most people aren't as funny as they think they are!)
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thank you for the kind comments, Gents.

Michael Rubinstein, no worries as I don't do this routine or any coin/mouth/ear professionally.

Strange, but coincidentally I just purchased a download vid of another magician doing coin in mouth to Ear. Danny Goldsmith does a very nice job of this on his new Copeland Coins vid. Both of our ROV vanishes are unique and different and I'm playing around with his method as I write this. He also has a nice muscle pass that isn't a muscle pass, but rather a fingertip pass. I'm elated that I finally got this pass working today.
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of sadhu
Max, you mentioned that you "just purchased a download vid of another magician doing coin in mouth to ear", do you mind sharing where I can purchase
this download because I've been looking for help in this area for quite some time. Thanks.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of sadhu
Thank you so much Max.
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Beautiful, man! Just beautiful!!!
A heck of a lot of magic in 40 sec.
Well choreographed and love your kicker ending trying to put the Jumbo in your mouth lol.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2981 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Wow, Max. Beautiful routine, beautifully done. You really sell it, too, with the expressive mime work.

This may be off topic, but I find the advice against doing this professionally because Micky Silver does something similar to be a little overprotective. Silver certainly did not invent the idea of using coin vanishes and appearances to insert and pull coins from orifices. The fact that you both have truly convincing ROVs is terrific, and I really hope no one is claiming a proprietary interest in quality.

Thanks for sharing that fun routine.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Zauberman
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
This would be a great ending for coin in mouth routine.
It's Danny Goldsmith as mentioned above. For the life of me I'm not sure how he does this with a jumbo in mouth, but boy, does it look good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMylBghQPW/
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
819 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Dear Maxfield. I agree. You can't patent the retention vanish. Who knows how many people did something like this before Mickey Silver.
I love Mr. Silver's work. But we are in a culture where just because we have heard of a famous name, like Mickey Mouse, we think they are the only one. Well I would bet there are many coinicians around the world who have done lots of work like Mr. Silver. It does not have to be the same technique. But I am sure it is similar. And in the eyes of the spectators, it would all be magic.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1032 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Max(!),
Great work!

Watching, makes ME feel like a Munchkin!

Thanks.
Really well done.
gallagher

p.s.: I can only imagine how it was,
growing up,
in your home.
"Come on Maxxie.
Eat all of your coins.
Think of all the hungery kids in India..."

,....thanks mom.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin from (my) Ear (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL