The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Penguin Lecture with math magic? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Just wondering - if anyone could recommend a Penguin Lecture that has a load of math magic

If not - maybe an 'at the table' - though I'm not keen on them

If there still isn't any... then maybe an L&L or some such other lecture that covers a load of math type presentations

Thanks for any suggestions

x
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
There are some Penguin lectures with math magic as well as At The Table lectures. However I wouldn't call them "loaded" with math magic. However there are many books and ebooks loaded with math magic. The books cover general math magic or focus on a type such as math magic with cards, or a specific routine such as magic squares, predictions, etc. Some of the L&L DVDs also have some math magic. Another source of some is the Tarbell Lectures on the Penguin site.
John

New Hampshire
"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17350 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What books do you have on the subject?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8255 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Ever hear of MATHEMATICAL WIZARDRY?
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2019, Harry Lorayne wrote:

Absolutely one of the best books on mathematical magic!
John

New Hampshire
federico luduena
View Profile
Regular user
Buenos Aires, ARG
184 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
Definitely. Not only because of its contents, but also, and mainly, because of the incomparable teaching style. Every time I listen to Harry tell the story of how he acquired all his knowledge without formal education I get inspired to do more in any field.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:

Err yes I have

I believe somewhere on here I wrote it was the book (mentalism/magic) I got the most out of

I bought Vol 5 that has it in

I do have a Mullica wallet (one of the other books in that collection) - I tried reading the third book in the collection. I don’t think think my brain is wired up to understand magic books. I still love reading (mentalism ones) but I don’t learn well from them

But yes the HL math magic book is excellent
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
I believe the book you are referring to is Harry's Classic Collection, Volume 5. Typically they contain additions, revisions and updating of the original book which certainly adds a great deal of value. However, I don't think it's the entire original edition of Mathematical Wizardry.
John

New Hampshire
D. Yoder
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Mathematics Magic and Mystery by Martin Gardiner is a good book if you can find it. Published in 1956.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2237 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, D. Yoder wrote:
Mathematics Magic and Mystery by Martin Gardiner is a good book if you can find it. Published in 1956.

Good book, easy to get: https://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-Magic......86203352

Quote:
On Mar 9, 2019, slowkneenuh wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely one of the best books on mathematical magic!

Yes, I agree and I do not believe the original poster has it (based on their comments), although it seems like they do have some of Mr. Lorayne's work. I love this book.

I do not buy a ton of the Penguin Live or Live Act lectures, I'm rather picky, but I enjoyed Marc Paul's Penguin Live lecture. I enjoyed his Live Act lecture too, for the record, but his Penguin Live (NOT the Live Act) has a significant portion relating to mathematical tricks. I'd recommend reading some reviews of his Penguin Live (NOT the Live Act) for those math tricks. To be clear, both are amazing (as was his Alakazam lecture) but the Penguin Live (NOT Live Act) had the math stuff.
loserdlj
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of loserdlj
MATHEMATICAL WIZARDRY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Penguin Lecture with math magic? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL