The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Looking for something that plays for the whole room (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Frank!

Thanks for pointing out the PR "VALUE" in the MD routine. If there is enough space, I have used as many as 20 kids!!

Glad you like my routine!

But, what the heck is a "d******s" ??? (heehee)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Richard Osterlind has a brilliant routine for his "Transparent Forces" that can use up to 7 spectators. Talk about packs flat and plays big!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, solidoak wrote:
Richard Osterlind has a brilliant routine for his "Transparent Forces" that can use up to 7 spectators. Talk about packs flat and plays big!

Thanks for the suggestion I know that Richard is an amazing mentalist but unfortunately I'm not really the mentalist type meaning that it wouldn't suit my performance style.
I appreciate your reply though as other people who read the thread might well be mentalists so what might not suit one performer might be brilliant for another Smile
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Here's another suggestion Warren (already made 3 in an earlier post), 'The Bigger Finish' by Jay Sankey plays well.
mrsmiles
(UK)
Paul V
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Paul V
If I was in that situation and asked to perform for the whole room, I would probably go with Gazzo’s Tosses Out Deck. I love the Effect because it involves at least 6 people that could be picked randomly to cover the room, it has the opportunity to add elements of comedy & it’s quite a stunning effect 😊
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
As an update to this post as it's been a while since I started it, I have recently purchased Paul's Balls by Wayne Dobson & Paul Martin which is a tossed out lottery book test which uses 6 members of the audience similar to the suggestion by Paul V...I have also ordered Cody's Comedy Book Test as I think this could be a lot of fun to perform.
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
Coming the party late... but still thought I'd share. Ditto the suggestion for the Anniversary Waltz. If you can make it happen around toasts or at the end of dinner... where the head table is still intact, and everyone seated it can play big for the entire room. I've done it with a guest count of 250 and everyone enjoyed it... and kept asking the Bride to see the card as they visited tables later.

Hope that helps.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I recently started performing Shawn Farquhar’s SheerLuck Comedy Book Test. Shawn fooled Penn & Teller with it in season 3, episode 1. Although, Shawn used a different method for that performance. Both methods play exactly the same to a lay audience, he just needed something extra to successfully fool P&T.

I am getting very strong reactions to the effect. The entire audience (except for one volunteer) thinks they are in on it, much to everyone’s amusement. Then they discover they’ve been fooled too.

Here is Shawn’s P&T performance:

https://youtu.be/nRzC9US0SI4

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Thom Peterson - Pit Boss
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I see, too, that you are from the UK.

Pick yourself an absolute bargain
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WONDER-LOCK-CRO......0JTFZ9ZI

A clear acrylic case contains a £20 note.
5 keys are displayed.

Only 1 opens the lock.
Loads of spectator participation ... and everything is in the control of the performer.
The performer always has the right key. Even though the spectator tries the lock themselves with any chosen key.

A MUST HAVE!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2019, 55Hudson wrote:
There are three that I bring to every wedding - Anniversary Waltz (previously mentioned), rope (previously mentioned), and egg bag (surprisingly not mentioned).

I always bring egg bag and rope to every closeup gig. Always a risk you will be asked to get up in front of everyone. I alway always bring some closeup props to every stage show - a magician is prepared! No matter how well you try to communicate, something can always happen - easy enough to carry a few extra things and be prepared with versatile, visible props.

Hudson

Agree so much with Hudsons comments-I work the corporate market only including weddings & agree the Egg Bag with a shot glass finish plays huge at weddings or certain closeup gigs
Used it for years on stage but got a surprise a couple years ago with how strong it played at a wedding or corporate event especially if there seated..give it a go..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Looking for something that plays for the whole room (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL