We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needles and thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stronghand
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of stronghand
Threars this old trick Iam looking for done with needles and thread.you put a number of needles in your mouth and a length of thread.then you pull all of the needle out of your mouth tied to the thread. any body know of it or where I can find it?
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
Is this the same as the razor blade on string trick ?
Best regards tom
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
Checkout the Flashman- Aveerdon method in The Charlatans Handbook. The Razor Blade Trick is in Classic secrets of Magic also in Tarbell.
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Steinmeyers devices and illusions? I may have the name wrong, but awesome effect!
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Profile of Matthew the Magnificent
Old when Houdini did it, have read many versions, but will assume that the above references are as good or better... essentially the 'razor blades' was an 'up-date', an improvement... but today THAT is now in danger of being an out-moded effect, kind of like the vinyl 45 record tricks... who will know what a 45 was, some day ? Or a double edged razor blade ? Doubt me, try to find them in your local stores that USED to have them !
Many years & Many experiences in Magic and Related Arts
gtthecloser42
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of gtthecloser42
I have encountered some problems with this trick. If anyone has suggestions as to how to get the thread to unravel one by one like I have seen on TV please PM. The problem I have is that I use the accordian type solution and sometimes the thread comes out tangled. Not pretty, not magical. If someone could help I would appreciate it. Thread types, how to keep it from coming out in clumps, etc. When David Ben does it it looks so cool. When I practice it looks quite terrible. I am only striving for excellence.

Regards,

GT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needles and thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL