The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card ending (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
King of Diamonds
View Profile
Regular user
Elite user
139 Posts

Profile of King of Diamonds
I am learning the Ambitious Card from Card College (Volume 2) and it says to make a bend in the card at the end and it jumps off etc, I'm sure you all know it. Anyway, I'm not too keen on bending my cards since I don't have that many and don't really want to ruin the cards by putting a bend in them.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a final climax ending? (one without ruining the cards!)

King of Diamonds
King of Diamonds
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Here's what I do.

Face-up tilt move puts selection at the right spot.

Hold deck in biddle grip.

Wave the deck as you one-hand top-palm the top card.
The larger movement covers the smaller movement.

The selection magically appears face-up on top of the deck.

I reach over with the other hand, remove the selection, and either hand it out or set it on the table.

I spread the rest of the deck out on the table if one is present. I do this for a reason. You guess!

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Don't be afraid to bend, tear, ignite your cards if it truly adds to the magic. They are a tool, and you can buy another pack. Besides, the "bend" that Giobbi describes in his book won't ruin your cards, and can be taken out by bending them back the other way.

If you're afraid to bend your cards, then you will have to forgoe some very powerful tools from your magician's arsenal. This would be a mistake.
tjo'
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
646 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I end it with a Kaps Wallet...
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1436 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Card to pocket.

Offer to repeat it and leave just there card in your hand and take the rest of the deck to the pocket.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
For my ending, I DL the wrong card and say "Must've forgotten to tap (snap over, chant over, etc.) the cards. Why don't you try some magic?", hand over the cards. They snap (whatever) over the cards and turn their signed card over.

PS: Signing the card makes more unusable than a bend does. If it's not signed they say "The whole deck's Jack of Spades!"
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
I have what I call "destroy decks". I use them for things such as T&R, stabbing their card out of the deck in a papper bag, various signed card routines, and other effects that end up with the spectator keeping a card or a card being destroyed.

Sometimes I add a card from these decks to a regular deck and force it. Other times I just combine these decks as they dwindle to create a full deck (though not a proper deck). And some routines outside of a card being selected from a deck, the rest of the deck isn't used so a less than full deck is OK.

Other times to do effects you need duplicate cards and sometimes even triplicate cards. So right of the bat you have 2 or 3 decks missing a card. Use a deck such as this for the AC routine.

As another said, avoiding effects that cause damage or destruction to a card eliminates a great amount of effective and impressive magic.

Cards are cheap.

I once found bridge size Bees at the flea market for 25 cents a pack! I do not like Bees because I need a border on the cards for some of my standard effects when I perform. But at 25 cents a pack I figured I could do a lot of "destroy" or signed effects and not worry about the less than full deck left over.

I even do an effect that destroys the ENTIRE DECK. With full price Bikes this can get expensive. But 25 cent Bees I do not hesitate to do it.
TheCaffeinator
View Profile
Regular user
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
126 Posts

Profile of TheCaffeinator
The bend required for the pop-up move doesn't have to be severe enough to ruin the cards. It's a somewhat gentle bend -- barely damaging to your cards if done carefully.

OMG that was such a bad pun. I think I cramped my brain.

Seriously, though, you can easily remove the arch this move puts in your cards. You get a worse bends from card springing, pressure fans, or "extreme" riffle shuffling.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26963 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Please have a look on the Too Perfect discussion for a KILLER approach to the trick.

The basic premise of ambition lacks a rational conclusion. Ambition knows no limits. What you imagine to finish off the antics of the brash card is up to you. What is on the thread is a bit less about ambition and more about magic.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
TheCaffeinator,

You are right about the bend being "gentle" and easily removed. I have found that when their signed card is handed to them, put on the table, or whatever you do with it you can remove the bend in the "other" card by simply giving the entire deck a gentle bend in the opposite direction.

Twice I have had spectators take the deck and go through it looking for another card with a bend in it. They never found one.
Automark
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Automark
I end with my version of card to pocket, called pocket rocket ...... Brief description - All cards go back to the box, mention their card is now in your pocket, reach for the card and remove the Box. You are left holding the card!
:)
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
The bend from Ambitious Card ending is just about the same as the bend you would get from a couple good deck springs. I like to end my ambitious card routine by changing the color of the back of their signed card, and then making my business card appear on the back. (May require quintuple lifts at some points of the routine.)
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Put it face-up into the center of the deck and do Steve Draun's Midnight Shift.
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
The spec. should sign the card, so you should be prepared to ruin a card for your ACR anyway. Personally I don`t like the pop up move. A more spectacular ending would be Daryl`s ultimate ambition. Or, if you can do it flawlessly, some sort of face up pass.
King of Diamonds
View Profile
Regular user
Elite user
139 Posts

Profile of King of Diamonds
Could anyone PM me on 'card to pocket' or the workings of some other ending?

thanks,
K of D
King of Diamonds
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Quote:
Anyway, I'm not too keen on bending my cards since I don't have that many and don't really want to ruin the cards by putting a bend in them.
King of Diamonds

A new deck of cards is $1.50 to $2.00 at most. Please do not treat them like they are made of fine china. Signed cards, torn cards, bent cards, can all be very effective.

Please give up the price of a coke and keep yourself in new decks and use them to their fullest potential.
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I have found that the pop up move is a great finish and well worth the bend. I would also agree that this does not harm the card.
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
Not sure if you caught my other thread, but contact Justin Hanes. His action notes are just on stuff for the ambitious card.
juton
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire
43 Posts

Profile of juton
As someone has said signing the card ruins the cards a lot more than a crimp. I suggest taking a look at Daryl's ambitious card video, it has countless endings for this routine.

Regards
Juton
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card ending (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL