The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Another time question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
I have recently been asked to do strolling magic at a wine tasting. A common question is how many people can I entertain in a hour.(all of them) I know there are many variables involved IE group size, length of routines ect. but what would be a good ball-park figure?
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Okay, I'll take a stab at this. People generally gather in groups of 3 - 5, so lets average that as a 4. Spend 5 mins at each group. In theory you could do 12 groups in that hour. That would be 48 people. However as you 'stroll' you take up time pinpointing the next group that appears 'open' to approach. Yes there are many variables.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Hi Daryl,
I did a wine tasting 2 weekends ago. There were only about 40 people. I was booked for an hour and a half and I used it all. It was a very laid back crowd and that meant that I moved through the crowd a little slower than usual. Also, the people gathered in smaller groups than normal, 4 people or less to a group. FYI - I finished with a T&R newspaper using the advertising section that had wine listings.
Best of luck.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Another time question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL