The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Talking Plastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Maybe someone who has done "Banana/Bandana" will have a tip for me. I use a zip lock bag to make the cleanup easier and to protect the Devil's Hank. But, the baggie talks when I handle the Devil's Hank. Can I silence the plastic?
p
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4070 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I have been playing with a zip loc baggie for some time now & I have come to the conclusion that they just love to talk Smile

All I can think is to perhaps make some bags out of fabric remenants with a velcro top that can be thrown away or removed & washed.

Perhaps someone else can find a way to silence the evil baggies Smile
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I make a fair amount of apparatus. Therefore, I sometimes visit the fabric store. They sell fabrics, not sure the name, that are fairly light but have a "rubberized or vinyl" type back. I would think that this could be used to make the insert and it would keep the liquid in but still be silent and pliable. A visit to a good fabric store should produce results.

quack
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Try making a pocket out of soft vinyl or rubberized material. Go to a fabric store that specializes in upholstery or drapery. You might even try a fetish shop for sheet rubber. You need something soft and very pliable. You could also try and treat regular cloth with Thompson's water seal to make it waterproof and easier to clean.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Good thinking! I might have been able to use this solution in a show that doesn't have a rather long reset/preset. But I don't want to give up having a commercial, fast reset. With a baggie, the cleanup is as fast as unpinning the ziplock and tossing it. What a messy trick! With time, I am getting a little quieter with the baggie, and I am sure that I'll become even more so. The solution may be as simple as "repetition". But I am still hoping I can find or learn some devious little secret that helps. For now I'll just sing "La la la la la" very loudly when I handle the Devils Hank. Smile Just kidding.

pp
Rhandolph - the wandering wizard
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Rhandolph - the wandering wizard
You may try not peeling the banana beforehand- and do "peeling a sliced banana" as a finale. Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Paulapaul,
Why use a devil's hank at all?
It's not really necessary.
In the May '98 issue of the Linking Ring, in my Showtime column, I have a routine for the banana-bandanna (which works ideally for any national holiday, too) that just uses your bare hands (and a TT).
If you are interested, e-mail me and I'll send you a copy of the column.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Talking Plastic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL