The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mystery Blox by PropDog, Steven Macrow and Nicholas Dakin (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Https://www.propdog.co.uk/mystery-blox-by-propdog

I know it's on the product page, but this is a live demo / explanation:

Can anyone that bought this do a review?

I'm sure there will be people unhappy with the fact that it is explained, but that actually makes me more inclined to purchase it.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Wow absolutely love the look of it.

Madison
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This should go down to the secret area to avoid lurkers. Genius secret.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
This is absolutely GENIUS - The thinking, The idea, The method, The working . . . . so simple and yet so deceptive.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Very cool. Could be my first box.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Nice! Looks really great.I suppose it requires a wretched "MF"...and yes, I've gone through dozens of decks trying to get the knack, to no avail
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
Nice! Looks really great.I suppose it requires a wretched "MF"...and yes, I've gone through dozens of decks trying to get the knack, to no avail

Correct. Lol.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:

Dooblehorn, I can relate because I’m in the same boat.
I finally gave in and now use scored cards. Have tried using those or any of the scoring devices on the market?
You can make these cards very indectectable, and no force is required if you prepare all or most of the deck.
They can open up a whole new world for you. They certainly did for me.

Here are a couple popular ones:

Perfect Score by Jon Allen
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5175

MCF Cards by Rasmus
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22693ds

Or my personal favorite (partly because the DVD has so much great material on it):
The Bullet by Todd Lemanske
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5899
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
On the contrary, I would advice that one put in adequate time and effort to practice the MCF until one can reliably produce the same result every time. Also if need be, one can always do the the fold process slowly but that would need a little more time. The extra time can be taken care of through patter and misdirection. IMO & experience, there is no better/alternate way to the classic MCF.

Just my opinion please.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Perfect Score one of the best tools I have ever bought !! This trick looks Amazing I have to get this for sure !
castype
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of castype
I didn't think I needed another Kennedy-box like effect after Paragon 3D and Mint Box (I used the original Kennedy box for years too)... but I like this a lot.

I do have Perfect Score and Bullet. Both work great and can't recommend them enough if you are (or aren't) having issues with the MCF. I actually prefer it to a natural MCF since most of the gimmick boxes look TOO perfectly folded. I think this even creates a more impossible scenario when they inspect their signed card. I usually do up a whole deck rather than forcing a card, but I can say that both of these tools have actually made me better at MCF's in general.

When I was just starting with MCF, I would just try to 'find' the card behind my back after losing it in the deck. I would just bring the deck back out and say that I couldn't find it because it isn't in there anymore. I would then hand them the deck to check for themselves or just point to the Kennedy box for the reveal. It gives you plenty of time to do the MCF without the heat. Not quite as impressive IMO but it worked great while working behind a bar until I was comfortable enough to do it with a little misdirection.

Hope that helps a bit with anyone hesitant with the MCF

I'm probably going to pick this up too if shipping to US isn't crazy
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Thanks to you guys, especially Videoman and Castype, that was really helpful and useful info.

I was considering either the Perfect Score or Bullet, this confirms to me that they're useful and I'll likely pick up one of them.
Ustaad, I've put in many hours with the same awful results...doesn't matter how much time put in, for me.

I have the original Kennedy box, and I use it in conjunction with my Q the Quantum Connection. And that works very well for many situations

But I really like the look of this one and the assembly/disassembly makes it extra deceiving, for me anyways.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
For me it’s one of the best moves in card magic. It opens so many doors of impossibility, predictions, transpositions, teleportation, impossible location effects and more.
If you’re struggling you could check out Jon Allen’s Perfect Score. My MCF is ultra reliable however when I use a MCF in parlour or stage settings then this adds an extra layer of impossibility.

Don’t give up on the move. It’s amazing.

Joel

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
The fact that he revealed the secret will in fact make this item a very good seller. I want one, and I doubt I would have had any interest without seeing how ingenious this is!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Well, I tried to order off of PropDog site using Paypal, and it says "PayPal returned an error, please try different card". Have contacted Dave, he's typically very responsive
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Does this work the other way around? So instead of the card appearing after the box is shown empty, can you show the card in the box to start with and show it empty and disassemble after the dump?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Ummm, that is exactly how this works, so yes.

Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Does this work the other way around? So instead of the card appearing after the box is shown empty, can you show the card in the box to start with and show it empty and disassemble after the dump?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I'm with you on the MCF. I recently downloaded Cody Fishers card to box and he has an interesting take on the MCF. A slightly different approach that may work.

Quote:
Thanks to you guys, especially Videoman and Castype, that was really helpful and useful info.

I was considering either the Perfect Score or Bullet, this confirms to me that they're useful and I'll likely pick up one of them.
Ustaad, I've put in many hours with the same awful results...doesn't matter how much time put in, for me.

I have the original Kennedy box, and I use it in conjunction with my Q the Quantum Connection. And that works very well for many situations

But I really like the look of this one and the assembly/disassembly makes it extra deceiving, for me anyways.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

Exactly.

The assembly/disassembly right under the nose of the spectator(s), make the ''Mystery Blox' extremely deceptive. IMO this box is unlike the many other similar props I have seen.

Smile
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Will there be any US carriers? $66.47 + $55.40 tax ($121.87) from propdog
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mystery Blox by PropDog, Steven Macrow and Nicholas Dakin (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL