The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Favorite trick with a double back card (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a favorite trick with a double backed or same both side card? A couple of deck I bought come with such a card and I have no idea what to do with it. Thanks.
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of hbenod
Capitulating Queens from Jim Swain.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
In Andi Gladwin's labor of love, "Jack Parker's 52 Memories", his Double-Back Trilogy is a 3-part routine with a double backer. I highly recommend this wonderful book, and this routine is a highlight.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
552 Posts

Profile of Bill08
There's something I'm remembering - magician places a card face down at the beginning of the trick and asks the spectator to freely name any card. In the end another card is used to turn over the face down card on the table and it is shown to be the card that was freely named by the spectator at the beginning of the trick, so you get a 1 in 52 prediction. Tamariz has something like this on the mnemonica video - maybe someone remembers the name? The same principle is used in a three card monte but can't remember if it requires a DB or a DF
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Great tips, thanks so much. I found one from Yoann of Magical Sleight France called 9ueens--uses a 9 backed with a queen. I'm amazed at how few I can find using a single card. As I recall Bro Hamman may have one.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
A 9 backed with a queen. So are you looking for tricks with a double facer rather than a double backer? And with two different faces or with the same face on both sides?
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Both are of interest, as certain decks may have one or the other. Ideas welcome, thanks.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Interestingly, Harapan Ong addresses this in Principia. Noting that many custom decks come with two identical jokers, a blank card and a double backer, he devised three routines that use just these four cards. He also has tricks with double backers and double facers, and even supplies most of the necessary gaff cards. Dan Harlan's A Little R&B is all about red/blue double backers. Liam Montier's Gaff-Tacular is a bunch of packet tricks with gaff cards including use of a double backer. My aforementioned 52 Memories book has at least one trick with a double facer and a double backer.

Note that a classic use of a double backer is to perform a DL and then push off the top card without revealing another face-up card underneath.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Very helpful.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2424 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Vernon's ambitious card (that fooled Houdini)
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2967 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Muldoon Match by Paul Gordon - prediction effect involving three thought of cards. It’s a download. Out of 155 reviews at Penguin, 99% of them are five or four stars.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2986 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2019, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Muldoon Match by Paul Gordon - prediction effect involving three thought of cards. It’s a download. Out of 155 reviews at Penguin, 99% of them are five or four stars.

This is a very nice effect.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of hbenod
I second the selection of Muldoon's Match. It's a great effect! Especially if you "ring in" the double after using the same deck for other tricks. A great demonstration of "Woman's Intuition".
sandromagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sandromagic
I use it for a very simple card to wallet.
mlippo
View Profile
Special user
Trieste (Italy)
972 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2019, supremefiction wrote:
Both are of interest, as certain decks may have one or the other. Ideas welcome, thanks.

Double backer + double facer = Anniversary Waltz

Mark
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1896 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, mlippo wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2019, supremefiction wrote:

Double backer + double facer = Anniversary Waltz

Mark

^^^^^---------- THIS ----------^^^^^

Check out:
https://bigblindmedia.com/products/downl......tutorial
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
706 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
My favorite comedy trick with a double backer? thought of card turns to double backer. How can you be wrong in divining their card?
mlippo
View Profile
Special user
Trieste (Italy)
972 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Richard Kaufman in his book "Cardworks" has a few tricks which use a double backer. He actually gives it to the spectator to examine, but it's somehow justified by the trick.

Mark
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5925 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Tattoo You- Bannon
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2365 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, mlippo wrote:
Richard Kaufman in his book "Cardworks" has a few tricks which use a double backer. He actually gives it to the spectator to examine, but it's somehow justified by the trick.

Mark

The trick is called "Fusion."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Favorite trick with a double back card (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.43 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL