The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Favorite trick with a double back card (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Frank Fantastic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Frank Fantastic
The DL + double backer makes for a great, almost impromptu Card To Anywhere.
I once shook hands with Vernon.
Which means i have Houdini's particles on me now.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5948 Posts

Profile of magicfish
2 Card Monte
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26852 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2019, Bill08 wrote:
There's something I'm remembering - magician places a card face down at the beginning of the trick and asks the spectator to freely name any card. In the end another card is used to turn over the face down card on the table and it is shown to be the card that was freely named by the spectator at the beginning of the trick, so you get a 1 in 52 prediction. Tamariz has something like this on the mnemonica video - maybe someone remembers the name? The same principle is used in a three card monte but can't remember if it requires a DB or a DF
Hofzinser was using this principle this back in 1850. His routine "Predetermination of Thought" also had something like a card index set up so the pack of cards winds up in the volunteer's hands - and they give the performer the card used to turn over the one of the table. Smile Smile
He also used that idea in the first phase of his "Three Powers" routine. He does that trick using three such cards and something to make them fly out of his jacket pocket. The three cards flutter to the table (or floor) and are then turned over to show their faces.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Frank Fantastic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Frank Fantastic
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2019, Bill08 wrote:
There's something I'm remembering - magician places a card face down at the beginning of the trick and asks the spectator to freely name any card. In the end another card is used to turn over the face down card on the table and it is shown to be the card that was freely named by the spectator at the beginning of the trick, so you get a 1 in 52 prediction. Tamariz has something like this on the mnemonica video - maybe someone remembers the name? The same principle is used in a three card monte but can't remember if it requires a DB or a DF

Don't know the specifics of the trick you mentioned, but from reading your description couldn't the same result be achieved by a "simple" Mexican T.O. ?
I once shook hands with Vernon.
Which means i have Houdini's particles on me now.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2591 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes Frank that’s exactly correct Gaz 🙂
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2372 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
There was likely no Mexican Turnover in 1850; even if it existed in North America, it's certainly unlikely anyone in Vienna would have known about it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Favorite trick with a double back card (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL