The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Custom Wand - Roy Kueppers proved an unreliable seller (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
On January 7, 2019 I sent Roy Kueppers $195 for a custom magic wand. Roy estimated a 4-week wait for completion. On January 29 I inquired if it looked like he would get it done as estimated and he simply replied he was doing the best that he could. He did NOT finish the wand before he left for Blackpool on February 11 and he did not return from England until February 26. While in the UK he offered a full refund if I wanted it but also said he would get it done in March if I still wanted the wand. I thought about it for a bit and emailed him to ask if he could give me a firm completion date for sometime in March. That email was ignored. A couple days later I emailed again. That email was ignored. Finally, on March 5 I emailed him and requested a full refund. He wrote back, apologized, and said he would process the refund the next day.

I'm still waiting for my refund. I reached out to him again through PayPal and he hasn't responded to that email either. It looks like I'll have to escalate this through PayPal to get my money back.

Roy was prompt to communicate with me BEFORE I actually sent him money. Since sending the payment more than half of my emails have been ignored. I will never purchase a Roy Kueppers product again and you can be sure I'll be telling every magician I meet about my experience with Roy Kueppers.

Buyer beware.. Based on what I've been reading in this forum, my situation is not unique. Many have had good luck in their dealings with Roy Kueppers but I'm not remotely the only one that has had problems dealing with Roy Kueppers.

Mark
Dan Ford
View Profile
Veteran user
Illinois
397 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Thanks for the info. Sorry for your problems Magic Mark. Another one added to my list......
Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I filed a dispute with PayPal. About an hour later Roy Kueppers responded to PayPal's request for more information. Two minutes after that PayPal refunded the $195.

It is both ridiculous and INCREDIBLY poor customer service that I had to jump through PayPal's hoops in order to get my promised refund in a timely manner. I reread the emails and I made one mistake above. At 7:42am on March 5, 2019, Roy Kueppers promised to refund my money that same afternoon (not the next day as I incorrectly remembered). Had he done that I wouldn't have had to bother with PayPal at all and I wouldn't have quite as sour of a taste in my mouth.

BUYER BEWARE! If you order directly from Roy Kueppers, don't say you weren't warned.

Mark
Dan Ford
View Profile
Veteran user
Illinois
397 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Still on my list.......
deliveryman
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of deliveryman
I had similar experience but did get items after working through PayPal. Quality is great but I will not be buying from him again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Custom Wand - Roy Kueppers proved an unreliable seller (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL